Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

BUGS: Chat and repeating Quests

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 12, 2009
I broke down and paid for the year special and when I closed and reopened the game, I see my chat is blocked. I can only do the easy chat and I can't talk to any friends. I checked my options and they are all set correctly.

Also. I finished Golem Tower and now I'm repeating quests I did when I was new. Having to battle lvl 1 meanies, and going through all the ones I've already completed. If this isn't fixed soon I will request a refund.

Administrator
Sorry to hear you're having problems with the chat, seems a setting may need to be changed in your My Accounts section located under your name when you log on to the website.

The chat levels are as follows

Menu Chat - this is the bubble chat that all players can use

Filtered Text Chat - this is the typed text chat that 13+ players can use and is filtered through our dictionary for inappropriate words and phrases.

In your Account Settings under My Accounts - make sure you have the following setting:
Chat - Filtered Text: On (disabling this will set you back to just the Menu Chat)

Open Chat - this is the typed text chat that 18+ players can use and is filtered for profanity. You will need to be an 18+ subscriber and have a valid credit card on file to be able to use Open Chat.
If you wish to enable Open Chat,
in your Account Settings under My Accounts - make sure you have the following setting:
Chat - Filtered Text: On (this MUST be on as well)
Chat - Open Chat : On

As to the repeated quests, are you by any chance doing what is known as the book quest, which asks you to revisit some of the bosses in Wizard City to read the books in their chambers? This may seem like you're repeating those initial quests, however this is just a separate quest that happens to take place in those towers.

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-