Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Bug regarding Balance Spell - Sandstorm

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 28, 2009
I've notived everytime now that when I am with other Wizards and I go to Cast Sandstorm on the Monsters, that if I am not the First Wizard and one of the other Wizards kills the Particular Mob that i picked for Sandstorm to Cast on, Sandstorm won't cast however I still lose the 4 Pips and have to start saving pips again. I'm fairly certain this isn't how it's supposed to Work. If i don't Cast the Spell I should still have the Pips correct? This is the Only Bug i've found so far.
Thanks,
Brian Summersword
23 Balance/Storm Sorceror

Explorer
Sep 21, 2008
I am 100% sure its supose to respond like meteor Shower and skip your turn...... This needs to be fixed. :?

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
I just had the same thing happen when I cast Nova. I was last in a group of 3. By the time my turn came around, the target was already killed. I lost my pips as well.

This never happened before this latest patch.

Survivor
Nov 28, 2009
That's what I thought. I've sent an Email to the Support team about it so hopefully it will be fixed soon
I have gone back and tested this 3 times and every time I have lost all 4 pips so it for sure wasn't a 1 time fluke.
Brian Summersword
24 Balance/Storm Sorcerer

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
Preacher7719 wrote:
I just had the same thing happen when I cast Nova. I was last in a group of 3. By the time my turn came around, the target was already killed. I lost my pips as well.

This never happened before this latest patch.

This has been in effect for over a year. It is not a bug on the part of KI, but a lack of communication/teamwork on the players part. Do not kill off the target creature of a multi-foe attack....otherwise it will not be cast and will use up the pips. Those two 'friends' didn't work as a team with you.

Defender
Aug 12, 2009
Actually it has been happening way before the latest updates. I rarely ever target the same monster as any friend in the group I am in is targeting, as we usually kill ours in one shot and take care of our own enemies. However, one day, way before the update, I mistakenly cast a spell on an enemy that my friend ended up killing and I lost all my pips and mana that the spell would have required since I couldn't cast my spell. I don't think that is fair, it should just make you pass and you lose nothing. I mean why should one not be able to back up another player's attack(in case their attack fizzles?

But, yeah, it was happening even before the update. I am not sure if they intended it this way or not? Guess we just need to be extra careful that we don't target the same enemies if there is any chance our friends/team mates are about to kill something.

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
I've never had my pips gone, only my mana (which is still wrong. If I made no attempt, then I didn't summon any magic) before this patch. Maybe it has been there before, but it seems the frequency has increased.

Survivor
Nov 28, 2009
MikeStrath wrote:
This has been in effect for over a year. It is not a bug on the part of KI, but a lack of communication/teamwork on the players part. Do not kill off the target creature of a multi-foe attack....otherwise it will not be cast and will use up the pips. Those two 'friends' didn't work as a team with you.

This has nothing to do with Communication or Teamwork, This is a Bug. This doesn't happen with Single Target Spells. If I use somthing like Scorpion and the Player Before me Kills the Mob I don't lose the 2 Pips or even the 2 mana, So why would that be standerd for AoE Spells?

Personally I think we shouldn't even have to select a Target for these Spells they should be Treated like Self Only Spell's and just Cast without me needing to select Myself. It would resolve the Issue of target's Dieing and me being forced to just pass and lose the pips. but that's my Opinion. Here is the Response i got from Mr Lincoln in Email.
Mr Lincoln wrote:
Response (Mr. Lincoln) 12/15/2009 04:29 PM
Hello there!

Sorry for any inconvenience this might have caused you. We are aware of the issue and have a team of professors diligently working towards rectifying the problem. We will get back to you as soon as a resolution is in place!

Sincerely,
Mr. Lincoln
Ravenwood School of Magical Arts

So hopefully this issue will be fixed in the future :)
Brian Summersword
25 Balance/Storm Sorcerer

Defender
Jun 29, 2009
kiedae wrote:
... Personally I think we shouldn't even have to select a Target for these Spells they should be Treated like Self Only Spell's and just Cast without me needing to select Myself. It would resolve the Issue of target's Dieing and me being forced to just pass and lose the pips. but that's my Opinion. Here is the Response i got from Mr Lincoln in Email.
Mr Lincoln wrote:
Response (Mr. Lincoln) 12/15/2009 04:29 PM
Hello there!

Sorry for any inconvenience this might have caused you. We are aware of the issue and have a team of professors diligently working towards rectifying the problem. We will get back to you as soon as a resolution is in place!

Sincerely,
Mr. Lincoln
Ravenwood School of Magical Arts

So hopefully this issue will be fixed in the future :)
Brian Summersword
25 Balance/Storm Sorcerer

Wow! I didnt know this was a bug. I thought it occured as you moved up the ranks (starts happening around the streets of Krok). I totally agree with the suggestion that certain spells should not require a Monster or Teammate to cast them. Examples would be all the multi-hit spells or multi-health spells such as the sandstorm, meteor, storm lord, fire dragon, super nova, little unicorn, tree of life, etc. The extra step for casting these spells seems a bit unnecessary. But the loss of pips is just down right frustrating.

Also, this does occur with single hit spells such as judgement. I have had the misfortune of losing all my pips when a team member has cast slow and it is too late to change my cast.