Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Bug or "feature"? Cracked jewels drop in KHR, POL

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Some of us have noticed recently that the only jewels dropped in some high-level areas are Cracked Defense Opal +4, Cracked Damage Citrine +5, Cracked Defense Peridot, etc.

A friend reported getting a cracked defense school jewel in the Yevgeny battle in Graveyard two days ago. I just finished helping a friend with Tymen Whiteflame in Bastion and got a Cracked Defense Opal as stated above.

This is only since the update wherein previous mobs and bosses had their critical and block reduced.

Is this intentional? I hope not. Some of us need high level jewels to compete in pvp and equip our new drops from Polaris. It's only proper that these high level instances (which are still quite challenging thanks!) drop the appropriate level of gems.

Thoughts? Anyone else see this? Perhaps the Professors could take a look in Yevgeny's coat pockets and see if he's accidentally brought his dentures and left the jewelry box under the bed.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
I've noticed the non-appropriate level jewel drops. I have also noticed that jewels don't drop nearly as much as they used to prior to Polaris being released. I am extremely disappointed in this trend of reducing drops when it is most needed.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
crunkatog on Dec 17, 2015 wrote:
Some of us have noticed recently that the only jewels dropped in some high-level areas are Cracked Defense Opal +4, Cracked Damage Citrine +5, Cracked Defense Peridot, etc.

A friend reported getting a cracked defense school jewel in the Yevgeny battle in Graveyard two days ago. I just finished helping a friend with Tymen Whiteflame in Bastion and got a Cracked Defense Opal as stated above.

This is only since the update wherein previous mobs and bosses had their critical and block reduced.

Is this intentional? I hope not. Some of us need high level jewels to compete in pvp and equip our new drops from Polaris. It's only proper that these high level instances (which are still quite challenging thanks!) drop the appropriate level of gems.

Thoughts? Anyone else see this? Perhaps the Professors could take a look in Yevgeny's coat pockets and see if he's accidentally brought his dentures and left the jewelry box under the bed.
The same can be said for the rewards from Silver Chests in Polaris. I can see getting basic Sun and Star TCs, these can always be useful... but it seems as though most of them give Scarab cards from various schools. What is up with this? Azteca chests dropped Efreet, Forest Lord, Leviathan and other rank 7 and 8 cards, Khrysalis rewards seemed to be scaled back a little from that, but Polaris is just ridiculous.