Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Bug? Can't use 'k' to switch between decks anymor

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 29, 2009
I can't use the 'k' key to switch between decks anymore.

I have tried logging off and logging back on.

Unfortunately, I sold 2 of my 4 decks after last night's update, so I can't say for certain whether this is because of the update, or because of something weird with how it's tracking my decks.

Is anyone else seeing this problem, or is it just me?

Survivor
Mar 29, 2009
This still isn't working for me. Can anyone else tell me if this feature broke for them with the most recent patch? It should only take 5 seconds to check...

Defender
Dec 31, 2008
I noticed the K key was no longer switching my deck after the Eggbert update (before the April 14 Quick Fix).

Since I personally hated the feature, I am greatly relieved, but I understand some people liked it. I am hoping it gets brought back sometime on a different key, since "k" for "ok" is probably the most common single-character text message in the spiral and was frequently causing unwanted deck changes (even if I did press Enter beforehand and saw the letter k in the chat box).

Explorer
Mar 03, 2009
The feature doesn't work for me either. I was wondering if it was being interfered with from the quest helper, but I recall being able to quick-switch my decks on the test realm, so it seems odd that it wouldn't work in live.

Administrator
Sorry about this folks, I didn't know it had been changed to CTRL K - seems many of our young players were accidentally typing K for conversations and inadvertently changing their decks.

So I'll update the Players Guide and let you know that CTRL K is the new key for swapping decks.

My humblest apologies.

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Defender
Dec 31, 2008
Oh THANK you KI! Nice save of a good idea! Ctrl-K is perfect!

And Gamma, I LOVE being called a young player! Just gotta go touch up my gray roots again, and then if I can find my glasses I'll cya in the spiral!

Survivor
Mar 29, 2009
Gamma wrote:

So I'll update the Players Guide and let you know that CTRL K is the new key for swapping decks.

My humblest apologies.

You're apolgizing for a good solution and pefect customer service? Gosh, what do you do when you actually make a mistake?