Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Bug?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 19, 2010
I started double questing on two accounts, and I'm on the Shalek dungeons. I finished both dungeons but I had to do vault of ice twice because of some bug where on the other account it still wants me to talk to shalek to end the quest, even though I finished everything. I just finished Emperor's retreat and the same thing happened, and now I have to redo the dungeon to finish the quest on the second account. Why is this happening? Will it keep happening? How do I fix it?

Victoria Lightbringer Adrian Stormbreaker

Lucas Starsword 120 Garrett Stormblood 83

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
coolblitz9 on May 28, 2018 wrote:
I started double questing on two accounts, and I'm on the Shalek dungeons. I finished both dungeons but I had to do vault of ice twice because of some bug where on the other account it still wants me to talk to shalek to end the quest, even though I finished everything. I just finished Emperor's retreat and the same thing happened, and now I have to redo the dungeon to finish the quest on the second account. Why is this happening? Will it keep happening? How do I fix it?

Victoria Lightbringer Adrian Stormbreaker

Lucas Starsword 120 Garrett Stormblood 83
You have to make sure the second character completes a certain quest within the dungeon. If you notice, there is a quest that leads you into the dungeon and has you do something in the dungeon. At the same time, you will start a new quest for that particular dungeon. In essence, there will be two parallel quests in the same dungeon. While both characters may complete the "inside quest" and seem that you completed dungeon, but in reality you still need to complete the requirements of the original quest outside of the dungeon.

Hopefully, what I wrote makes sense to you, but a good practice is to occasionally check your quests while in dungeons. Both of those parallel quests will always show up on the first page (since they are both main quests).

Survivor
Jun 19, 2010
Oran of Urz on May 28, 2018 wrote:
You have to make sure the second character completes a certain quest within the dungeon. If you notice, there is a quest that leads you into the dungeon and has you do something in the dungeon. At the same time, you will start a new quest for that particular dungeon. In essence, there will be two parallel quests in the same dungeon. While both characters may complete the "inside quest" and seem that you completed dungeon, but in reality you still need to complete the requirements of the original quest outside of the dungeon.

Hopefully, what I wrote makes sense to you, but a good practice is to occasionally check your quests while in dungeons. Both of those parallel quests will always show up on the first page (since they are both main quests).
Yeah I understand what you’re saying I’ll make sure to do that, but I also use a 2 person mount so I can travel easier and make sure I hit every question mark with both characters. And another problem that I noticed is that it wants me to talk to the NPC afterwards, even though the NPC isn’t interactable anymore. I just ran into the same problem in Counterweight West in MB, and I talked to the NPC and for both characters, I got the quest to pull the levers. I finish the boss battle as that is the quest and I get the next quest to talk to Clancy Pembroke on my but my says to talk to the NPC back in the dungeon. Especially after the Krok incidents I was more cautious and aware of both characters.

Basically, I don’t know if what you said is actually the problem, it seems like it’s a bug on my account.