Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

boss drops low sale price

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 28, 2008
26
i was so exited hen a boss dropped a 6000 gold item i wnted to sell it right away at the bazaar but it said i could not sell so i sold it at a local store and i sold it for 600 why cant i sell valuable boss drops?

Adherent
May 20, 2010
2902
When you try to sell an item that's listed as "No Auction" at the Bazaar, the display shows you the RETAIL price that a shop would sell it to you for, not the price the Bazaar or a shop would buy it from you for. In other words, you're seeing ten times the price that you'll get in a shop.

It's an old bug that Wizard101 never fixed. The most the Bazaar would have paid is probably about 800 (since the Bazaar often pays a bit more than a shop would).

Survivor
Mar 15, 2009
13
the store price is the real price. when you sell stuff at the bazaar the more they have of an iem the cheaper it is. so when you brought an item that is marked no auction there, the price goes way up because they don't have any of them.

Delver
Sep 18, 2009
258
You cant because if you sell it someone else will get it for just gold. But i agree they should give you more gold at normal shops.

Defender
Aug 03, 2009
197
You can't sell these things, and for a good reason. If you *were* able to sell a Kraysys, Spiderkeeper, Snowcrusher, Malistaire, and Gurtok level 50+ items, then EVERYONE would be able to buy them in the Bazaar. How would you feel when you just earned that Malistaire robe for your school after a few tries, and you sold the others. THen you meet your friend who was a total completionist and beat all GH and all sidequests before he reached the Great Spyre (DS final dungeon if you didn't know) and you see him running around with his Malistaire cloak. You say "hey you beat Malistaire!" He says, "no I scored this from the Bazaar!" It takes away the specialness of earning these valuable boss drops if they can be sold for 10,000,000 other players to buy.

Explorer
Feb 24, 2010
50
ozzyrocker412 wrote:
You can't sell these things, and for a good reason. If you *were* able to sell a Kraysys, Spiderkeeper, Snowcrusher, Malistaire, and Gurtok level 50+ items, then EVERYONE would be able to buy them in the Bazaar. How would you feel when you just earned that Malistaire robe for your school after a few tries, and you sold the others. THen you meet your friend who was a total completionist and beat all GH and all sidequests before he reached the Great Spyre (DS final dungeon if you didn't know) and you see him running around with his Malistaire cloak. You say "hey you beat Malistaire!" He says, "no I scored this from the Bazaar!" It takes away the specialness of earning these valuable boss drops if they can be sold for 10,000,000 other players to buy.


100% agree :)

Survivor
Dec 28, 2008
26
Mastermind
Jun 13, 2009
332
colagada wrote:
When you try to sell an item that's listed as "No Auction" at the Bazaar, the display shows you the RETAIL price that a shop would sell it to you for, not the price the Bazaar or a shop would buy it from you for. In other words, you're seeing ten times the price that you'll get in a shop.

It's an old bug that Wizard101 never fixed. The most the Bazaar would have paid is probably about 800 (since the Bazaar often pays a bit more than a shop would).


Not sure if all your information is correct regarding prices.

I have sold a necklace (level 56 fire) at the bazaar for 11,450 gold and I cannot remember at anytime in the game anywhere that you can sell any gear for more than 800 gold at a REGULAR vendor. The houses will probably fetch 2500 gold at best but you can't sell any gear for that much even a malistaire robe. I think I sold one for like 450 gold even though it was worth about 8000 gold at the bazaar

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
593
NicoUzumaki wrote:
colagada wrote:
When you try to sell an item that's listed as "No Auction" at the Bazaar, the display shows you the RETAIL price that a shop would sell it to you for, not the price the Bazaar or a shop would buy it from you for. In other words, you're seeing ten times the price that you'll get in a shop.

It's an old bug that Wizard101 never fixed. The most the Bazaar would have paid is probably about 800 (since the Bazaar often pays a bit more than a shop would).


Not sure if all your information is correct regarding prices.

I have sold a necklace (level 56 fire) at the bazaar for 11,450 gold and I cannot remember at anytime in the game anywhere that you can sell any gear for more than 800 gold at a REGULAR vendor. The houses will probably fetch 2500 gold at best but you can't sell any gear for that much even a malistaire robe. I think I sold one for like 450 gold even though it was worth about 8000 gold at the bazaar

I used to receive 1,000-1,300+ for some of the Raven Robes from regular stores.