Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

boss dropped clothes are bad

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 09, 2009
When i hit 45 i went to the bazaar and i had enough gold to buy the best hood, cloak, and boots available.

As a storm wizard, the best clothes for me have health, storm accuracy and storm damage. School specific defenses, like storm defense are of limited usefulness in my opinion, and i don't hope for it on clothes. If a piece of clothes had some school specific defense in addition to the other more useful stats i would take it, but i will always take health, accuracy, and damage over defense.

To add another point of view, my friend also bought the best acutionable clothes at 45, she is a life wizard and her clothes has health (more then me) power pip chance, and life damage. Same issue here with life defense on clothes, it's ok if its free, but its not good.

The problem i have with boss dropped clothes is that the best auctionable ones available on the bazaar tend to be the best clothes available, especially for hood and boots. At least this is the case for storm and life. Even for the cloak, the one off malistaire has the same damage and accuracy (or power pip) as the ones we can buy, only with some school specific defense added. I barely consider it better at all considering the difficulty of the encounter.

It just seems odd that after beating some of the hardest bosses in the game in dragonspire (or the grizzelheim for that matter) even if we are lucky enough to get a rare non-auctionable drop that we could use, we are dissapointed to find that it isnt as good as something we bought of the bazaar several levels ago. Perhaps i am just used to other MMOs where you have to work for the best items in the game, usually receiving them for defeating some of the hardest bosses in the game, not from buying them.

Even if this is an intended design decision, could you at least make the best clothes in the game match? The storm clothes that i bought at 45 for example, the helm is a marleybone style (i really dislike it actually), the chest is armored dragonspyre style, and the boots are moosho style. They really look silly together.

I think it would be really awesome if there was a set of clothes for each school that dropped off of different bosses in the end part of dragonspyre that were specifically designed to be the best items in the game for a specific school, especially if these clothes all matched, preferably in the dragonspyre style.

Additionally, i think that all the non-auctionable clothes that rarely drop off bosses should have accuracy/power-pip and school damage added to them so they are superior to even the best clothes that can be bought off the auction house at the same level. This way people could seek and obtain clothes for their school that are superior to the more easily obtained auctionable gear. Alternatively, if someone gets lucky and gets a rare non-auctionable boss drop that they can actually use, it will really be a nice drop for them, and not some junk that could be easily replaced at the bazaar.

Survivor
Jan 08, 2009
DragnHntr wrote:

I think it would be really awesome if there was a set of clothes for each school that dropped off of different bosses in the end part of dragonspyre that were specifically designed to be the best items in the game for a specific school, especially if these clothes all matched, preferably in the dragonspyre style.

Those exist. They are Grandmaster clothes; they look well together, they have good stats.