Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Boss Chests Bugged or Me!!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 24, 2010
OK at the end of some boss battles you get the option to throw in crowns to try and get a better item. I have tried this on 3 different chests multiple times all I get is coins . I had my son with me on last run and he tried it 4 times and got 4 different items. I have dropped in about 1500 crowns over the last week trying to get items from the chests and have received 0. So I assume that my character is bugged and unable to use chests and that I have lost out on 1500+ crowns. Please would the powers to be look into this so I may also get a chance at getting better items thx.

Explorer
Mar 18, 2009
Is your inventory full? I read something about the chests giving gold if your backpack is full.

Community Leader
Hello,
You need to empty your back pack, if it is full you will get gold.

Survivor
Apr 17, 2010
Biju02 wrote:
OK at the end of some boss battles you get the option to throw in crowns to try and get a better item. I have tried this on 3 different chests multiple times all I get is coins . I had my son with me on last run and he tried it 4 times and got 4 different items. I have dropped in about 1500 crowns over the last week trying to get items from the chests and have received 0. So I assume that my character is bugged and unable to use chests and that I have lost out on 1500+ crowns. Please would the powers to be look into this so I may also get a chance at getting better items thx.

Somethings up. Check your back pack, either sell or put it in your bank. Try again, if the first time, I think its 50 crowns, and you get nothing but coins then don't go any further and report the bug. I tend to get good items. I have gotten 3 Life Scarb and 2 leprecons from those things, plus clothes that I can never sell at the Bazzarr but I can sell other places but thats besides the point :)