Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

boss chest feeling cheated

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Aug 01, 2009
The boss chests make you believe you are spending 50 crowns each time you use it. When really the first chest cost 50, the second chest cost 100, the third 150. So you think you are spending 150 crowns on 3 chest when you are really spending 300. I spent what I thought was 950 crowns on chests, when really i had spent over 6,000 crowns before I realized what was going on. I feel like wizard101 did this on purpose, misleading to get players to spend more on chests than what is lead to believe. A little better wording on the chest would make everyone understand instead of making them broke.. Bad bad bad.. Will NEVER buy a chest again. Very disappointed in wizard101 after this.. Remember they charge you double every chest you open. So it isn't 950 you are spending, it will be over 6,000- keep that in mind players.

I'm sorry you feel cheated, but the price for each 'roll' is clearly stated on the screen. Yes it does increase, and there's a reason: The Second Chance chests allow you to shortcut the game.

You can either spend the Crowns to access the boss's loot in the chest, or take the time to redo the dungeon for another chance at the boss's loot.

The price increases as the time would increase if you completed the dungeon 2x, 3x, 4x.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Mastermind
Aug 01, 2009
I understand it all NOW Zeke, and yes, it does say how much you are spending on the screen- but the WORDING is misleading to those who haven't used the chests before. I like wizard101 and it's a great game, I just think that the boss chest should be a little bit clearer on wording. My kid didn't understand it, and it took me as an adult a minute to figure out what was going on. I understand it is a bypass to get the boss drops easier. I don't understand why the first things says open a chest 50c, then open a chest 100c. Makes you think you are opening 2 chests for 100, when actually you are charged 150.. What is worse is when it says " open a chest for 750c (thinking you can open this chest and have spent a TOTAL of 750c) when actually you have spent 6,000. Maybe adding a word like spend ANOTHER 750c would help. I know I am not the only person who is upset by this. I have spent $120.00 the last 2 months on this game, and feel if everything has been so wonderful so far- how could a simple mistake which takes tons of crowns not be a little clearer. I get it now Zeke, and this isn't your fault, just a bit disappointed with this part of the game.

Survivor
Aug 01, 2010
this also happened to me. i had 2,500 crowns and i was like im gonna stop after i spend 1,000 crowns or something like that. then i exited and had no more crowns. i was disapointed. but whats done is done

Mastermind
Aug 01, 2009
I'm sorry it happened to you too! Hopefully in the future they will make this a little clearer, because as of now it is not, and I won't be buying anymore crowns.. ruined the crown experience.

Explorer
Jul 08, 2010
I really dont see how they could make it clearer. The amount to spend is right on the popup. You pay whatever the first time, then whatever the second time, etc. Its clear how much it costs.