Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Booster Packs?

AuthorMessage
Community Leader
So, I finally bought a booster pack today. Suffice it to say, the experience was underwhelming.

While I wasn't expecting a pack full of 48th level spells, I did expect at least one unusual/high-level card. What I got instead were a bunch of low-level cards, a couple of targeting modifiers, a pixie card and a spirit shield.

That's all I get for my 115 crowns? Really? Firecat? Scarab? REALLY?

:?

Survivor
Mar 22, 2009
I always wondered what cards you got in these things. I agree. You should at least get one very good card out of it. Maybe not a level 48 card because then most would not be able to use it. But I do see your point. Thank you.... now I know not to bother with it.

Survivor
Feb 28, 2009
I had the same experience. They need to tell you what the so-called "booster pack" is before you waste your crowns. Actually, I only bought the booster pack because I didn't have enough crowns to buy anything else.

That brings me to the bigger question. What do I do with my leftover crowns? I don't have enough to buy anything. I can't change my crowns into gold pieces (you have to have at least a thousand crowns in order to exchange them for gold pieces.) I think it's a scam that they don't let you trade in your leftover crowns for gold.

Maybe they think I'll say "hey, I need to pay them ten MORE bucks to buy MORE crowns so I'll have enough to buy something." The thing is, I don't make the same mistake twice.

So instead, what I say is "I won't be buying anymore crowns since I know a big chunk of it will go to waste."

Ok, that is all very harsh. Truth is, I think this is the greatest online game ever. Just don't waste your money on the crowns. Especially since Zeke got rid of all the best clothes that they used to have.