Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

black mantle not working on npc's

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 01, 2009
hello today i was playing my balance charecter i summoned a minion at one turn it used black mantle but the surprising thing is the npc enemy used a storm attack when it activated from the storm attack the attack worked! i just dont get it i tried multiple times and when i use black mantle on an npc it just doesnt fizzle not even once! its like black mantle is being disabled please respond

Defender
Dec 11, 2008
Yeah. It's something you have to just deal with. My Ice Wizard casts STUN on NPCs all the time, and more often than not, they ignore it and cast a spell anyway. It's a bug that has been around for 1 year or more and apparently will never be fixed. sigh.

Explorer
Nov 01, 2008
Gosh I hate that. I used Frost Giant at the 4 Fathers in Ravenscar and the stun didnt work! At Malistaire - Didnt work! ITS NOT RIGHT!

Talon LifeFlame -- Lvl 50 Thaumaturge

Mastermind
Jan 01, 2010
I am glad you posted this, I thought it was just me. I also suspect black mantle isn't working as it never seems to increase the fizzle rate, especially on storm and other low accuracy NPCs. KI, can you please look into this and respond? Thanks.

Defender
Feb 15, 2010
princess524 wrote:
hello today i was playing my balance charecter i summoned a minion at one turn it used black mantle but the surprising thing is the npc enemy used a storm attack when it activated from the storm attack the attack worked! i just dont get it i tried multiple times and when i use black mantle on an npc it just doesnt fizzle not even once! its like black mantle is being disabled please respond

Even if it has a -45% accuracy spells are still eligible to work.

Defender
Jun 11, 2009
yes i noticed that two on my new thamaturge that i made, the spell freeze doesnt work. it just said "stunned" over enemy and gave him a stun shield, and nothing else happened. he was not stunned.