Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Bitten by the acting Bug

AuthorMessage
A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
It seemed like a fun idea to have one of the 'houseguests' from the Road Warrior's Hoard stand on the wooden stage dropped from the Ghulture's Hoard and proclaim doom to all the patrons of my 'pub.' In order to get the Doomsayer guest to stand on the stage, I used the Tatami Mat glitch and set him right where I wanted him.

That's when the trouble began...

As soon as I tried to move the mat away, the stage vanished!

Leaving the mat alone, the stage reappeared. Moving the mat and the houseguest to another area made the stage completely vanish as if I had picked it up. If I walked into the space where the stage was, I didn't 'hit' it - it simply wasn't there. It also wasn't in my backpack, bank or attic. I went into the housing tab from my backpack, however, and found the stage. From there I was able to pick it up and then replace it into my house.

Second try, the same sequence happened. This time, I tried picking up the stage rather than the Tatami Mat thinking that might make a difference. Well. As soon as my doomsayer saw his acting opportunities slipping away, he ran off to Hollywood and took his Tatami Mat with him!

(Same as before, they were completely gone and I had to retrieve them via the house tab in my backpack.)

The problem is related to the Tatami Mat (rug) glitch, not to other small items that can be set upon the stage. The rug glitch is too useful to change so I guess I'm posting this as a warning to other wizards who want to set up a stage in their house: beware! Your actors might run off to Hollywood or Broadway if you end the show before KingsIsle finds a way to fix this glitch.

Alia Misthaven

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Freshta on Feb 26, 2017 wrote:
It seemed like a fun idea to have one of the 'houseguests' from the Road Warrior's Hoard stand on the wooden stage dropped from the Ghulture's Hoard and proclaim doom to all the patrons of my 'pub.' In order to get the Doomsayer guest to stand on the stage, I used the Tatami Mat glitch and set him right where I wanted him.

That's when the trouble began...

As soon as I tried to move the mat away, the stage vanished!

Leaving the mat alone, the stage reappeared. Moving the mat and the houseguest to another area made the stage completely vanish as if I had picked it up. If I walked into the space where the stage was, I didn't 'hit' it - it simply wasn't there. It also wasn't in my backpack, bank or attic. I went into the housing tab from my backpack, however, and found the stage. From there I was able to pick it up and then replace it into my house.

Second try, the same sequence happened. This time, I tried picking up the stage rather than the Tatami Mat thinking that might make a difference. Well. As soon as my doomsayer saw his acting opportunities slipping away, he ran off to Hollywood and took his Tatami Mat with him!

(Same as before, they were completely gone and I had to retrieve them via the house tab in my backpack.)

The problem is related to the Tatami Mat (rug) glitch, not to other small items that can be set upon the stage. The rug glitch is too useful to change so I guess I'm posting this as a warning to other wizards who want to set up a stage in their house: beware! Your actors might run off to Hollywood or Broadway if you end the show before KingsIsle finds a way to fix this glitch.

Alia Misthaven
Couldn't you place him directly on the stage? I have some mannequins set up on two stages in my jungle house boat ( they're part of a 'band' entertaining guests ).
And is leaving the mat in place causing any problems?