Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Big Problem

AuthorMessage
Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Yesterday, I was doing Waterworks with my friend Calamity, and some people we met, Morgrim and Tyler. In the middle of the dungeon they suddenly realized they had prior commitments (petty or otherwise) and fled, leaving Calamity and I to finish the rest of the dungeon. We got up to the last bosses, defeated two, but Slyster is where we had trouble. Calamity bought two Theurgist Henchmen, but they only seemed to make matters worse. Since we couldn't control what they did they ended up attacking the boss, but not obeying the rules. Slyster then hit us with his superpowered Ra. They continued doing so until Calamity and I were dead and their HP level was very low, then instead of healing us they spent the next couple of rounds healing each other. When they finally had a legitimate amount of health we thought they'd heal us; instead they attacked the boss. Slyster then, of course, defeated them with Ra. I don't know whether it's the henchmen, or the boss, or the dungeon, or the fact that we can't call for help from other people since they can't teleport to us, but something has to change because this is not the first time something like this has happened to me.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
Yesterday, I was doing Waterworks with my friend Calamity, and some people we met, Morgrim and Tyler. In the middle of the dungeon they suddenly realized they had prior commitments (petty or otherwise) and fled, leaving Calamity and I to finish the rest of the dungeon. We got up to the last bosses, defeated two, but Slyster is where we had trouble. Calamity bought two Theurgist Henchmen, but they only seemed to make matters worse. Since we couldn't control what they did they ended up attacking the boss, but not obeying the rules. Slyster then hit us with his superpowered Ra. They continued doing so until Calamity and I were dead and their HP level was very low, then instead of healing us they spent the next couple of rounds healing each other. When they finally had a legitimate amount of health we thought they'd heal us; instead they attacked the boss. Slyster then, of course, defeated them with Ra. I don't know whether it's the henchmen, or the boss, or the dungeon, or the fact that we can't call for help from other people since they can't teleport to us, but something has to change because this is not the first time something like this has happened to me.

The dungeon timer warning that appears while standing on the sigils are there to warn wizards how long the dungeon will take to complete. Waterworks is a long dungeon. Wizards need to allocate enough time to complete it. Henchman do not work well at all on ANY cheating boss, so using them will do more harm than good.

A tip regarding the life henchman. Summon that henchman when wizards are already taking damage (not at the beginning of the fight), because if the life henchman is up and no one needs healing then the henchman will start attacking the enemy.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
kingurz wrote:
The dungeon timer warning that appears while standing on the sigils are there to warn wizards how long the dungeon will take to complete. Waterworks is a long dungeon. Wizards need to allocate enough time to complete it. Henchman do not work well at all on ANY cheating boss, so using them will do more harm than good.

A tip regarding the life henchman. Summon that henchman when wizards are already taking damage (not at the beginning of the fight), because if the life henchman is up and no one needs healing then the henchman will start attacking the enemy.

We did, and it worked out well...until we were all healed and there was no one left to heal. Plus when we were defeated, shouldn't that have prompted the henchmen to heal us instead of attack the boss?

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
As has been pointed out, the most basic foolish move to make in a Cheating Boss match is to Summon either a Minion or a Henchman.

As for Sylster and his goons, they are rather easy, when you know their cheats.

When you first start the battle, the first 3 rounds he will have up the TRAP ROUND Bubbles. After that, it's 4 rounds of Blades, then 4 rounds of Traps, 4 blades, 4 traps. Just have someone counting. Trap 1, Trap 2, Trap 3, Blade 1, Blade 2, Blade 3, Blade 4, Trap 1, Trap 2, Trap 3, Trap 4, Blade 1 ... etc. This will keep you from getting off balance with when he will destroy blades and traps.

If Targeted without Proper Buff:
Sylster - 1800 RA
Hammerhead - Scarecrow (Regular Strength)
Wingfish - Rebirth (Heals for 375 due to Doom and Gloom)

I've beaten this group with only 2 wizards, so it is possible, just takes longer. Pack Reshuffles.

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
we bought a fire one, and they kept using rebirth. so we eventually fled due to stress

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Orca wrote:
we bought a fire one, and they kept using rebirth. so we eventually fled due to stress

Really?! Her Theurgist Henchmen didn't cast Rebirth once!

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
Orca wrote:

they're talking about the ENEMY using Rebirth, because the henchman kept attacking the FIRE FISH, not the Fire Henchman using Rebirth.

If you attack the Fire boss, he will cheat by using Rebirth.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
Orca wrote:

He is not talking about the henchman casting rebirth. He is talking about the wing fish.

And as for a Theurgist henchman casting rebirth, I have never seen that happen and have used them a few times when I needed to run a difficult quest and no friends online.

If you pay attention to what Johnist posted you should be able to beat Slyster. I know because I have run that dungeon a few times with him and one other wizard in test and in live.

But forget the henchmen. They are of really no use in that kind of area.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Johnist wrote:
they're talking about the ENEMY using Rebirth, because the henchman kept attacking the FIRE FISH, not the Fire Henchman using Rebirth.

How did you get that from what Orca wrote? By the way, I learned the bosses' rules after getting defeated the first time, so you can stop reciting them to me.

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
Johnist wrote:

How did you get that from what Orca wrote? By the way, I learned the bosses' rules after getting defeated the first time, so you can stop reciting them to me.

Let's see... Orca wrote:
Bought a fire one (meaning Henchman).
They kept using rebirth (meaning Enemy).

Obviously the Fire Henchman was trying to overwhelm the resistance of the Fire enemy which casts a rebirth every time it is hit improperly with a targeting spell. It was pretty obvious from the way they phrased it if you know about the cheats.

I learned the rules the first time in on test and passed with flying colors. yesterday, my group finished waterworks in 1.25 hrs... Donating to Storm rocks :)