Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Being passed in battle...without hitting the pass

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 07, 2009
A few times in battle, not a lot, but a couple times, I have selected a spell or trap or blade to cast, and then when my turn comes, I pass instead of casting.

I am not dazed. I have my health. The monster or person I clicked on has not been defeated already. There is no reason that I can see as to why this has happened.

Karic, Master Diviner.

Explorer
Apr 02, 2009
Yea this happens to me a lot as well. Its pretty annoying. It has killed me a few times as well.

I also hate that after you kill the monster and he comes back to life and kills you.

Defender
May 28, 2009
I have had this happen several times and the best answer I have been able to come up with is that there is some delay in the interface. The only thing that I can figure is that the game was actually at 0 seconds when you still saw 7 or something like that. From your perspective you still had time to select a spell but the server did not receive that command fast enough so the server effectively thought that you passed. I just try to choose my spells before 10 seconds left on the clock and I don't have this problem nearly as bad.

As far as mobs rising from the dead is concerned you may be interested to know that there is a (what I like to call) "Natural Healing" aspect of the game. You will notice if you pay very close attention to your health that most every round you will receive 1-3 health. This happens with the mobs as well so if you only kill the monster enough to bring their health down to 0 or -1 they could end up having a positive amount of health the next round and still be able to throw a spell and everything. Best advice: Make sure to REALLY kill everything that you hit. Secondary advice: if you end up in this situation, simply wand the creature and move on to the next one. That being said there is one particular monster in DS that can rise from the dead and have 200 health. I have seen it happen while watching my wife play but have not gone back to try to reproduce the scenario.

Hope that helps

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
i think that happened like once to me. But before, i have walked without touching ANYTHING. its pretty funny. and then i turn and let go and i am still walking. lol :D