Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Beguile bug????

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 21, 2009
So I was doing 4v4 pvp with my friends and the other team had a balance and storm guy(plus a death and life but that doesn't matter) My team had gone first and since the storm guy had all blades plus bladestorm and balanceblade I decided to use beguile on him so that his Storm Lord would attack his team. Just as I had thought he casted Storm Lord in the same turn. Before he had casted I had used beguile. However instead of attacking his team mates the Storm lord continued attacking us . We were all confused because the beguile spell should have intercepted his attack. Is this some sort of a bug?

Explorer
Feb 07, 2009
I didn't think that Beguile worked in PvP, since it works by causing the opponent to do something in your favor. (Although, I have to add that it doesn't seem to work very well when I've used it....)

I think that KI should create a reference that details what the different spells do and how they work.

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
Beguille only works on lower level mobs. I am not certain about pvp, because I never play it. High rank bosses are immuned to it and from my experience with the spell, so are their minions. The spell does work. It has actually saved my wizard a couple of times.

I do like the idea of an explaination of the spells and how they work in the players guide. That would help a lot.

Survivor
Jan 06, 2009
Scarecrow122 wrote:
So I was doing 4v4 pvp with my friends and the other team had a balance and storm guy(plus a death and life but that doesn't matter) My team had gone first and since the storm guy had all blades plus bladestorm and balanceblade I decided to use beguile on him so that his Storm Lord would attack his team. Just as I had thought he casted Storm Lord in the same turn. Before he had casted I had used beguile. However instead of attacking his team mates the Storm lord continued attacking us . We were all confused because the beguile spell should have intercepted his attack. Is this some sort of a bug?
Its because beuguile's effect takes place the turn after it is cast. :?

Survivor
Jun 13, 2009

Yes, your opponent's Storm Lord should attack his team and not your team. So this is definitely a bug!!!