Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Balance! Overpower YES!

1
AuthorMessage
Explorer
Mar 29, 2009
71
All the schools are supposed to be equal right? Are they? NO! Balance is getting it made no official shield and unbalance was removed. So now what are we going to do it isnt like a toweringshield is going to work forever and guess what the other thing to defend against balance is A BALANCE SPELL so its harder for us to get. Their blades and traps are just plain crazy and mean this school is overpowered if we had a chart to see which school had the most overlords. Ding ding ding winner Balance. All of us know by know balance is overpowered. I mean you might not want to admit it but you know you overpowered them. There is no point at all to fight a balance wizard unless your storm you can stand your ground and put up a good fight but balance is strong. Noq I am not one of those people who are begging for cards to be banned but I think instead of a ban of cards how bout a new set of cards unbalance and balance shield.




Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
892
I have played every class,including balance. I think KI has done a fairly good job keeping the schools in-line for where they want them. In my humble opinion,balance is not way-overpowered. I don't even consider it near the toughest. I would rank it 4th as far as power is concerned, with storm,fire,and death ranking above it in that aspect. My point being,everyone has opinions on this matter,and just because you think it is over-powered doesn't mean KI or others agree with you. Posts on subjects like this are pretty much always a lost cause,because everyone will see strengths and weaknesses of any class in a very different light. You are simply trying to prove as fact,something that is totally subjective. It can't be done. :?

Survivor
Nov 14, 2009
10
dude balance is not over powered it, can only use four blades/traps when it attacks with a judgemetn, compared to everyones elses five, and also the balance spells are'nt as powerfull as all the other schools

Explorer
Feb 22, 2010
98
Defender
Dec 21, 2008
187
keirankeiwi wrote:
dude balance is not over powered it, can only use four blades/traps when it attacks with a judgemetn, compared to everyones elses five, and also the balance spells are'nt as powerfull as all the other schools

Balance though is stronger than two types. Ice and Life. So balance is really unfair.Balance basically is undefeated. So I think K.I. needs to change balance spells. Especially judgment.


Luke ThunderShade
Grandmaster Conjurer

Explorer
Feb 14, 2009
54
The number of blades dont matter because there is no balance shield unless you tower balance has every shield and most balance wizards can dish out3000 damage with 2 blades and full pips easy i usually get hit with 5000 if they feint. think about it it's unfair

Survivor
Jan 01, 2009
25
Pyrsik wrote:
I have played every class,including balance. I think KI has done a fairly good job keeping the schools in-line for where they want them. In my humble opinion,balance is not way-overpowered. I don't even consider it near the toughest. I would rank it 4th as far as power is concerned, with storm,fire,and death ranking above it in that aspect. My point being,everyone has opinions on this matter,and just because you think it is over-powered doesn't mean KI or others agree with you. Posts on subjects like this are pretty much always a lost cause,because everyone will see strengths and weaknesses of any class in a very different light. You are simply trying to prove as fact,something that is totally subjective. It can't be done. :?


ahem in the arena once i was fighting a balance who kept on using the balance shields and he almost had all 7 power pips then he bladed and kept using traps in the end he used a judgement with all those pips traps and blades it did OVER 2,000 DAMAGE! insane! final word balances are WAYYYY overpowered

Explorer
Feb 18, 2009
84
Okay lesson one- BALANCE IS FAIR. Saying as they have a card called "Judgement", whihc is the legal symbol in court, they are fair. Their power is equal to the other schools.

And think about it, every school has a thing where it is a "certain number if pips" so thats fair.

As for the balance blades.... The Ice School has a tower shield so that pretty much balances out. (Have you noticed how many times i've used the word balance and i'm not even referring to the Balance School?)

And last but not least, you have failed to see the school. Just look at the name. BALANCE!!!!!

XD XD XD XD XD

Survivor
May 01, 2010
38
Survivor
Feb 15, 2009
2
I so agree! Also the other schools should have more boosts like them! It's not fair because they are now the strongest school! :(




Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
892
princess524 wrote:
ahem in the arena once i was fighting a balance who kept on using the balance shields and he almost had all 7 power pips then he bladed and kept using traps in the end he used a judgement with all those pips traps and blades it did OVER 2,000 DAMAGE! insane! final word balances are WAYYYY overpowered


You obviously read but did not comprehend what I said in my original post. Just because you lost to someone that did 2k damage,does not mean it is over-powered. I'm not sure why 2k damage impresses you,because that is sorely lacking compared to what some schools/players can dish out damage wise. In any event, to reiterate what I said previously, you are offering your opinion as a fact; doing so only makes you look foolish. And though i disagree with you,at least I explained the situation better and offered it as an opinion. If KI thought the school was over-powered,they would change it,and they have not.

Defender
May 09, 2009
161
bdawg99 wrote:
All the schools are supposed to be equal right? Are they? NO! Balance is getting it made no official shield and unbalance was removed. So now what are we going to do it isnt like a toweringshield is going to work forever and guess what the other thing to defend against balance is A BALANCE SPELL so its harder for us to get. Their blades and traps are just plain crazy and mean this school is overpowered if we had a chart to see which school had the most overlords. Ding ding ding winner Balance. All of us know by know balance is overpowered. I mean you might not want to admit it but you know you overpowered them. There is no point at all to fight a balance wizard unless your storm you can stand your ground and put up a good fight but balance is strong. Noq I am not one of those people who are begging for cards to be banned but I think instead of a ban of cards how bout a new set of cards unbalance and balance shield.





posts like this really really get me angry

balance is not over powered. take hydra and compare its power to all of the other schools? everyone says hydra sucks and it does UNLESS you manage to find the elemental blades and traps and thats 3 pips you have to use 2 for the elemental blades and traps and 1 for blades storm and the balance blade doesnt cost any. the one spell that get people all in a huff is judgement.

people complain judgment is SOOOOOOO good well lets compare a helephant to judgment judgment with 6 pips is 600 damage. that sounds around the same damage. now add a balance blade thats +25% BUT a fire blade is +40%. now add blade storm thats +20% add elemental blade for fire thats +35%. now balance blaces a hex and feint thats +100%. fire adds a fire shield, elemental trap, and if they have it feint. thats +140% fire uses its bubble spell which increases attack power by i think it was 25%.

so by now balance has all power pips (just throwing it out for full power) thats 1400 thats more than helephant but costs all pips. it has +155%

helephant has +215% now i dont know the damage that would do but for balance its about just over 5,000 and judgment isnt even its rank 6 spell.

so now i ask you again is balance over powered? :? :?

Survivor
May 17, 2009
3
akifoniq99 wrote:
keirankeiwi wrote:
dude balance is not over powered it, can only use four blades/traps when it attacks with a judgemetn, compared to everyones elses five, and also the balance spells are'nt as powerfull as all the other schools

Balance though is stronger than two types. Ice and Life. So balance is really unfair.Balance basically is undefeated. So I think K.I. needs to change balance spells. Especially judgment.


Luke ThunderShade
Grandmaster Conjurer


I my self am a grandmaster life and am one of the strongest ones i see (without warlord extras). I have problems with defeating balance BECAUSE of the fact that they use very little and can kill very quickly. I've only ever beaten a balance character once, while i was still a low level :(.

Explorer
Nov 26, 2008
79
Explorer
Nov 26, 2008
79
Oh and no offense but it seems that you just posted this because you got beat by a Balance Wizard lol

Hehe sorry to sound all smug but I'm Balance and PROUD :D

Molly
Adept Sorcerer

Explorer
Feb 18, 2009
84
WaterGirl101 wrote:
Oh and no offense but it seems that you just posted this because you got beat by a Balance Wizard lol

Hehe sorry to sound all smug but I'm Balance and PROUD :D

Molly
Adept Sorcerer


haha thats what I was thinking

Survivor
Mar 28, 2009
21
I am a Grandmaster Pyromancer, I would know that balance is not overpowered. I have Both Elemental Blade and trap. I use my pet's Helephant card plus Fire blade, fire trap, Wyldefire, Elemental blade, and Elemental trap, that will hit far over 2,000. Judgement is not overpowered and just deal with it. You make me angry, don't go around making crack off threads about Balance Wizards just because a good strategist got you good.

Defender
Apr 02, 2009
104
akifoniq99 wrote:
keirankeiwi wrote:
dude balance is not over powered it, can only use four blades/traps when it attacks with a judgemetn, compared to everyones elses five, and also the balance spells are'nt as powerfull as all the other schools

Balance though is stronger than two types. Ice and Life. So balance is really unfair.Balance basically is undefeated. So I think K.I. needs to change balance spells. Especially judgment.


Luke ThunderShade
Grandmaster Conjurer


Ya, 2 schools, Life and Ice. But guess what? Life and Ice have the 2 highest natural healths. Being stronger than them is no big acomplishment. And by the way, if you are storm you can easily destroy balance. I am storm btw. You have spells that can get rid of negative effects on you, you are able to convert your way past storm shields (And btw if you put down a storm convert before they put down a myth shield the myth shield doesn't work), and you got the most powerful spells in the game. Same with all the other schools. Every schools can work around balance in it's own way. Life and Ice with thier health. Fire and storm with their power, myth with it's minions and shield removing earthquake spell, and death with it's high damage drains and amazing universal traps. Plus, all schools have the extremely handy convert.

So basically, balance in my opinion is only good for aiding people in battle, is the worst class to solo the game with, and is one of the worst schools period (No Offense Balance Peoples). And no, balance is not overpowered.


Dylan ShadowTalon Lvl 46 Diviner

Explorer
May 09, 2009
81
bdawg99 wrote:
All the schools are supposed to be equal right? Are they? NO! Balance is getting it made no official shield and unbalance was removed. So now what are we going to do it isnt like a toweringshield is going to work forever and guess what the other thing to defend against balance is A BALANCE SPELL so its harder for us to get.

ice armor is an X pip spell like judgment. You can sheild yourself more than judgements damage without blades. If the other person has blades, you still won't die. Ice armor shields 125 per pip. judgement does 100 damage per pip.

Hero
May 19, 2009
791




posts like this really really get me angry

balance is not over powered. take hydra and compare its power to all of the other schools? everyone says hydra sucks and it does UNLESS you manage to find the elemental blades and traps and thats 3 pips you have to use 2 for the elemental blades and traps and 1 for blades storm and the balance blade doesnt cost any. the one spell that get people all in a huff is judgement.

people complain judgment is SOOOOOOO good well lets compare a helephant to judgment judgment with 6 pips is 600 damage. that sounds around the same damage. now add a balance blade thats +25% BUT a fire blade is +40%. now add blade storm thats +20% add elemental blade for fire thats +35%. now balance blaces a hex and feint thats +100%. fire adds a fire shield, elemental trap, and if they have it feint. thats +140% fire uses its bubble spell which increases attack power by i think it was 25%.

so by now balance has all power pips (just throwing it out for full power) thats 1400 thats more than helephant but costs all pips. it has +155%

helephant has +215% now i dont know the damage that would do but for balance its about just over 5,000 and judgment isnt even its rank 6 spell.

so now i ask you again is balance over powered? :? :?

uhh who cares...

i can easly block that 5000 damage with several different fire shields, tower shield and a weakness, and thus making it completly useless. As for judgment, even with a weakness and tower shield plus my 25% resest all defence i've still had judgement hit me for about 1700 damage.

Defender
Feb 15, 2010
139
Balance is not overpowered. Balance only has ONE good spell,if they took out judgement then it would be really unfair to balance,you know why? Because in PvP they would be so weak,it wouldnt even be funny.I'd bet one hit from storm lord would knock out balance in PvP. Now how would you feel if you were balance and your highest damage spell got taken out? You would feel powerless,which every balance player would feel if they took out judgement.One thing i am a balance player and i pay for a subscrpiton,of coruse i do not have judgement yet but i have seen the card.I really hope KI doesnt listen to this nonsense, because many balance Grands would quit Wiz101 if they actually did take judgement out,thus making less money and losing many players.I would also like this forum if it always wasnt about balance being too overpowered.

Explorer
Mar 29, 2009
71
WaterGirl101 wrote:
Oh and no offense but it seems that you just posted this because you got beat by a Balance Wizard lol

Hehe sorry to sound all smug but I'm Balance and PROUD :D

Molly
Adept Sorcerer


No I didnt get beat I heard about them taking away a balance dispell And it is completly unfair

Defender
Nov 24, 2009
128
David8675309 wrote:
Was this "unbalance" the old balance dispell or something?
no, in the test realm in colossus boulavard there is a secret trainer ( in live realm to ) with all the dispell cards an one was an un balance but they took out reshuffle a not to but really good spell wich what reshuffle does is puts all used \discarded spells back into your hand nd so ya

Defender
Apr 10, 2009
118
UGH! ok, i have a magus balance so here i go.

#1- Balances blades arn't crazy overpowered, or even good. If you dont know, balance's one, most crazy, advantage in pvp is that there is no way to counter it, right? OK, i wont go into tower shield being that one shield that is able to block balance because i know you know that. But every one of our shields and blades are set off by pretty much any attack, so as there is no balance shield, there is no balance TRAP or BLADE. I have been in PvE and had a nice, good shot at an enemy. Then, out of no where, a "friend" sent out an attack that wasted my feint and my hex! So suddenly, that one little minor fireball destroyed my perfect attack .

#2- OK! HAVE YOU SEEN OUR OTHER SPELLS?! besides judgement, balances attacks are really REALLY bad. go to a balance teacher and look at how much we do. It isn't high.

#3- Unless we are with a friend, a lot of our spells are down right usless.
-Danate power, I give 3 pips to give another person 2. a waste of a level 33 spell if you quest ALONE, like me.
-Tri blades/shields, even after I have gottten hydra, what am i going to do with spirit shield/trap?

#4- HELLO! STORM PEOPLE? they have high attack and lets do some math.
lets say they use kraken

+20% windstorm+30% storm blade+25% storm trap= 918 damage at least. this destroys judgement at 4 pips with balance blade, hex, and bladestorm. I have a storm wizard so i am not saying storm is bad or over powered
So basically, balance in my opinion is only good for aiding people in battle, is the worst class to solo the game with, and is one of the worst schools period (No Offense Balance Peoples). And no, balance is not overpowered.
I agree.
I rest my case.

Defender
Apr 24, 2009
141
well, not over powered?

i think it IS over powered. you know why?

judgement is supposed to do less damage than heck hound.

judge ment: 100 damage per pip

heck hound: 120 per pip

1