Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Balance and Critical Statistics

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 09, 2012
My Balance wizard has reached over level 50 and I cannot access a critical rating. All my friends received access to critical when they were sent to Diego in Unicorn Way. When I was sent to Diego he only gave me the option to train for a new card and did not send me to duel and learn new critical capability. What do I need to do to achieve critical for my Balance Wizard.
Please Help

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Alura1969 on Nov 28, 2012 wrote:
My Balance wizard has reached over level 50 and I cannot access a critical rating. All my friends received access to critical when they were sent to Diego in Unicorn Way. When I was sent to Diego he only gave me the option to train for a new card and did not send me to duel and learn new critical capability. What do I need to do to achieve critical for my Balance Wizard.
Please Help
Hi, Jenna~ I'm not a hundred percent sure what your question is, but I have a level 87 Balance wizard, so will try and help you as best I can.

Completing Diego's tutorial does not "unlock" critical rating, but explains how it works. From level 50+, all schools can add critical rating to their advanced stats via gear and (temporarily) astral spells; your chance of critical, of course, depends on your school and may increase as you level up, but a big part of it is determined by what gear you equip. If you let me know what are you wearing/what stats your wizard currently has, I can help you figure out where things may have gone wrong.

Personally, my Balance wizard does not have a high critical rating~ because critical is (like most other things in the game) completely random, I was willing to part with it in order to boost my other stats. Because I used to be a solo player, I created a very defensive character (less than 15% chance of critical, but 40% universal resist across the board)~ now that I have in-game friends, she doesn't have to work as hard to stay alive, and I may build it back up if I can find the right gear combo.

What kind of character you create will determine your stats~ if you choose to focus on critical, your defensive stats will suffer, and vice versa. Part of the challenge with Balance is finding the, uh, balance... lol.

Hope this helps!
-von