Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Baba Yaga minion bug

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 30, 2008
So after the update the minions for Baba Yaga are no longer summoned by a spell of their type so the dispels do not work.

I.E. the death dispel doesn't stop the Bull from being summoned or a storm dispel does not stop the Gorgon from being summoned.

Fix this please.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
lmadern on Apr 6, 2016 wrote:
So after the update the minions for Baba Yaga are no longer summoned by a spell of their type so the dispels do not work.

I.E. the death dispel doesn't stop the Bull from being summoned or a storm dispel does not stop the Gorgon from being summoned.

Fix this please.
Do any of the dispels for any schools work on them? It's starting to sound like dispels on bosses have been broken - as if the code for Malistair in Darkmoor got propigated across the bosses in polaris and possibly other places.

Administrator
Hello,

This was a change to how the mechanics work for this battle. Baba Yaga now casts Sun spells to summon her minions. I apologize for the confusion. This change is now mentioned in the update notes for clarification.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Nov 16, 2009
Why would they change what school she casts when she summons her minions? I just tried beating her and almost did a couple weeks ago. I finally found the time to try again and now I can't use the strategy that I had spent a lot of time on. They just made it a million times harder for solo players. And for what? I have to say I'm pretty upset about this change. Everything bottlenecks to Baba Yaga and I am a solo player. So now what? I have to spend a bunch of money on henchmen to try and beat her just so I can move on. I am getting really tired of having such a hard time being a solo player. I just want to play alone at my own pace. Thanks for nothing Kings Isle.

Champion
Mar 28, 2010
Ealasaid on May 5, 2016 wrote:
Why would they change what school she casts when she summons her minions? I just tried beating her and almost did a couple weeks ago. I finally found the time to try again and now I can't use the strategy that I had spent a lot of time on. They just made it a million times harder for solo players. And for what? I have to say I'm pretty upset about this change. Everything bottlenecks to Baba Yaga and I am a solo player. So now what? I have to spend a bunch of money on henchmen to try and beat her just so I can move on. I am getting really tired of having such a hard time being a solo player. I just want to play alone at my own pace. Thanks for nothing Kings Isle.
Baba Yaga was way too easy before the update, i soloed her on my life and it took NO effort. I am kind of glad they made it harder. Is this an anti-solo move? No not really, you can still easily beat Baba Yaga as a solo player, it will just take longer.

Lvl 110

Lvl 91
Lvl 27

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
It's a shame that the game mechanics were once again changed in the background, without notification up front. It does make it extremely difficult for players, and especially solo players.

Changing Baba Yaga (as well as Rasputin) doesn't make it more challenging, it makes it more ridiculous that people are going to be bottlenecked in getting to the next world because of hard bosses/dungeons and sneaky background buffs.