Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

"Area is closed" glitch

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jul 10, 2011
Sometimes i wanna port to my castle or the Basilica but it waits a long time almost a min. and then says "error area is closed" what kind of glitch is this or is it being maintained?

Wolf Silverspear ~ Master Pyro

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
eric123456789028 wrote:
Sometimes i wanna port to my castle or the Basilica but it waits a long time almost a min. and then says "error area is closed" what kind of glitch is this or is it being maintained?

It happens. It also clears itself pretty quickly.

Defender
Apr 24, 2009
eric123456789028 wrote:

Have you recently re-downloaded the game? If so, the area that you are trying to reach is loading!

If not, try sending a dxdiag file to support.

Explorer
Jun 16, 2012
If you look in the left corner below menu chat, you will see the Spiral Circle. And there should be a arrow the spins around, and if you look below that you will see like worlds, clothes, ETC. And how long it takes to load, so you just gotta wait for it to load. Hope this helps :)

*~Emily Skyblade, Level 31, Fire wiz~*
*~Heather SoulStalker, Level 22, Balance wiz~* (Mute)
*~Brianna, Level 21 or 29, Fire wiz~* (Mute)
*~Sabrina, Level 39, Death wiz~* (Banned)

Defender
Jul 10, 2011
XxCandyClanCanxX wrote:
If you look in the left corner below menu chat, you will see the Spiral Circle. And there should be a arrow the spins around, and if you look below that you will see like worlds, clothes, ETC. And how long it takes to load, so you just gotta wait for it to load. Hope this helps :)

*~Emily Skyblade, Level 31, Fire wiz~*
*~Heather SoulStalker, Level 22, Balance wiz~* (Mute)
*~Brianna, Level 21 or 29, Fire wiz~* (Mute)
*~Sabrina, Level 39, Death wiz~* (Banned)
Thanks for the tip XxCandyClanCanxX, but i think you misunderstood me. If the spiral arrow is spinning, it means it's still loading. A message will show up, saying "Hold on, that area is not quite ready for you to adventure in yet. wait a while and try again."
And when it loads 100% you can go again. And the message shows up immediately. On this thing I'm saying, I press the teleport button and it seems like I'm teleporting, I disappear, like I'm invisible, and after a minute I'm still invisible, and then a message shows up saying"ERROR: area is closed" and it will not load, and will not let me retry. The loadig one, just means the area's not done loading yet.

Wolf SilverSpear ~ Level 46 Pyro