Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Any correlation between Quest Helper giving lag an

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 19, 2009
The distance between you and the current quest?

I posted a topic earlier asking about whether or not there was a problem with the servers as there was alot of lag going around yet in the many months I've been playing (Up to Marleybone) I had never run into any lag issues before, but anyway I digress.

For starters, I can play this game on max settings without lag, however if I venture into Cyclops lane/Dark Cave I run into a HUGE amount of lag, to the point that the area is unplayable.

I tested out the idea that it was the Quest Helper, so I turned it off and sure enough the lag was gone instantly, so I tried this out again but with the lowest possible settings.

With QH on running on the lowest settings it did the same thing, of course I once again turn QH off and it runs swimmingly.

So I then tried to turn my settings back up to maximum but this time turn QH on but to a DIFFERENT quest that had no involvement to the Dark Cave and the lag was gone then too.

Belive me this is very perplexing, is there a problem with the Quest Helper?

And have there been enough complaints to perhaps warrant a possible fix?

Hero
May 02, 2009
there could very well be a problem with the QH.
Like today, my friend needed help with a battle which turns out to be against the boss that looks like the krok pet. I've tried to help him twice, but both times the game quits responding on me :? (I had QH on both times so that may be a reason why.)
If there is a problem with the QH, then I agree that it needs looking into.

Seth ShadowCloud
Adept FireStorm wizard
LV. 23
8)