Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

An assortment of Suggestions

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Mar 14, 2009
1. Make a new sub-forum called new player Questions and answers or something similar. Allow trial players to access this forum and this forum only as well as everyone else.
There is no forum setup just for new players to ask basic questions, least not one I could see. I know I ended up asking my questions in general discussion. Also trial players who are trying to learn to play to decide if they want to subscribe might get frustrated if they cant learn the basics, I know it vexed me.

2. Make a toggle in the friends pane or options pane. Default is off. You can turn it on and people wont be allowed to join you in battles. I love the jump in feature but sometimes for one reason or another you dont want help. This toggle would take care of all these problems.
And it could have an option to set it so only friends can join you for a inbetween setting.

3. I really like this idea: A really long quest chain based on your primary school. The reward is cool looking changes to your face based on your school. It would be pretty RPish, like how after a great deal of focus and use of a particular kind of magic, it changes you. And people can tell your school just by looking at you.
There would be options and you get to pick one, so one choice at least would appeal to you. Life wizards could get a unicorn horn, or elf ears, or pixie eyes. Fire wizards could get flaming eyes or hair and maby snort smoke occasionally. Death wizards could get dracula fangs, or pale skin, or frankenstein bolts, or scary eyes. And so forth.

4. New minigames suggestions:
A flying version of dueling diego. You mounted on a flying dragon or flying beast and you can fly up and down as well as left and right. You have to toast assorted flying enemies, and occasionally use some sort of deflection ability for added strategy.
Also a form of moon base defender would be nice. Where you have a little castle in the center and you have a stationary cannon of some sort that you have to aim at falling rocks of some kind to keep your village safe.

5. Decoration and personalization of Dorm Rooms please.

Survivor
Feb 10, 2009
I like all the suggestions. But maybe another would be after so many quests or as you level up from novice to adept and beyond it would be cool for the player to age in some way.

Survivor
Jan 24, 2009
Thinking of changes to a character's face...how about having your primary class effect your secondary spells? So a primary fire caster would have some fire effect or color to all secondary spells? Ah maybe that isn't a good idea.

For casters, how about a Cthulhu caster with slimes and monsters.

I know I saw it mentioned before but a steam punk caster could be fun too.

Survivor
Dec 23, 2008
Survivor
Feb 27, 2009
LordMarshal wrote:
1. Make a new sub-forum called new player Questions and answers or something similar.

2. Make a toggle in the friends pane or options pane. ... I love the jump in feature but sometimes for one reason or another you dont want help.

YES YES YES. These are wonderful suggestions.

I have often felt stalked and having a "privacy" feature on teleportation would allow parents to control their childrens' gameplay. This could be embedded in parental controls.

As for 3-5... meh.

Defender
Nov 05, 2008
i've mentioned this else were, but i figure if they see it enough it might happen new menu chat buttons
1) ask before porting
2) sorry my list is full
3) sorry i can't now i will later
4) if you port you must stay to end of fight
5) if you port you must stay to end of instance
6) no porting and fleeing
7) won it in battle

I also noticed in test realm that now you can see were your friend is when you want to port to them, very helpfull, and very hurtfull. Now that all those who make friends just to be able to port to high level places can choose to port or not. Now how about a button for the one they are porting to to say not now? no this way we can choose who ports into our instance levels and battles. it would put an end to people porting in and grabbing the good loot after hard work and it would prevent looky loos from cluttering up instance levels.
I have eliminated all non text friends that port without saying want help after the first port and flee. All my text friends get a little lecture on manners the first time, Ask before porting gets you further with me. the second time they are gone. I love playing with the kids, i love there energy and excitment, but bad manners is not what i pay to play for

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
Why not have an interaction box, like card trades, where both parties involved need to okay the 'port?
You could also lock out the 'flee' button for a set number of rounds, say, 5 or 6.
XP loss if you join into an instance after it starts and do not finish it?

nimbysep wrote:
i've mentioned this else were, but i figure if they see it enough it might happen new menu chat buttons
1) ask before porting
2) sorry my list is full
7) won it in battle

I also noticed in test realm that now you can see were your friend is when you want to port to them, very helpfull, and very hurtfull. Now that all those who make friends just to be able to port to high level places can choose to port or not. Now how about a button for the one they are porting to to say not now? no this way we can choose who ports into our instance levels and battles. it would put an end to people porting in and grabbing the good loot after hard work and it would prevent looky loos from cluttering up instance levels.
I have eliminated all non text friends that port without saying want help after the first port and flee. All my text friends get a little lecture on manners the first time, Ask before porting gets you further with me. the second time they are gone. I love playing with the kids, i love there energy and excitment, but bad manners is not what i pay to play for

Defender
Nov 05, 2008
MikeStrath wrote:
Why not have an interaction box, like card trades, where both parties involved need to okay the 'port?
You could also lock out the 'flee' button for a set number of rounds, say, 5 or 6.
XP loss if you join into an instance after it starts and do not finish it?

nimbysep wrote:
1) ask before porting
2) sorry my list is full
7) won it in battle

love your ideas to hope kings isle responds to this