Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Adding a parent account

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 10, 2009
I am having lots of trouble adding my newest account as a child of another account. I looked on both the parent account and the one I want to make the child account, but found no options that suited my needs. I've looked everywhere on the forums and even on Wizard101 wikia sites. I have found nothing with the right information. If anyone could help me, I would really appreciate it.

Administrator
This video, while slightly out-dated, should help you out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h4xPeitnVU

Plus you can always contact our support team who will walk you through the steps - email them at support@wizard101.com

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Feb 10, 2009
Professor Greyrose, my problem is that the 'add accounts' option isn't present on my menu. There is only one child account added to the parent account. From what I understand, you can add more than one. I'm not sure why it's doing this.

Delver
May 04, 2009
shinydarkmew wrote:
Professor Greyrose, my problem is that the 'add accounts' option isn't present on my menu. There is only one child account added to the parent account. From what I understand, you can add more than one. I'm not sure why it's doing this.

Just a thought...

First, make sure you are on the current "parent" account.
Login to this page (Wizard101.com), and then click on "MyAccounts".

Then, Scroll Down to the bottom of the "MyAccounts" page and click on "unlock parental controls". Type in your parental control password and then the "add Accounts" options should appear at the top of your Accounts page.

Note: they recently revised the "MyAccounts" page and put the "Parental Control" password box at the bottom of this new page. :?

Hope this helps.

Survivor
Feb 10, 2009
Hollen1233 wrote:

Just a thought...

First, make sure you are on the current "parent" account.
Login to this page (Wizard101.com), and then click on "MyAccounts".

Then, Scroll Down to the bottom of the "MyAccounts" page and click on "unlock parental controls". Type in your parental control password and then the "add Accounts" options should appear at the top of your Accounts page.

Note: they recently revised the "MyAccounts" page and put the "Parental Control" password box at the bottom of this new page. :?

Hope this helps.

Thanks so much, that worked. I don't know why I didn't think of it before.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Professor Greyrose wrote:
This video, while slightly out-dated, should help you out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h4xPeitnVU

Plus you can always contact our support team who will walk you through the steps - email them at support@wizard101.com

Note to Prof. Greyrose: The HelpCast video doesn't show what to do if you "already have a parent account" set up.

I think it needs another statement on the video explaining something like this: that "if you have a parent account already set up, make sure that you login under that account name, and then on the 'MyAccounts' page, scroll down to the bottom of the page to click on 'Unlock Parental Controls'. Then the 'Add Accounts' option will appear on your accounts page".

Hope this helped somewhat. :-)