Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A Wizard's Nightmare :(

AuthorMessage
Delver
Dec 08, 2016
So I've probably been farming for Rat/Rasputin's and Omen's triangle socket deck for literally three months now on my Storm, and so far, still nothing. I keep getting junk I'll never use and it's honestly frustrating. Everyone else I've farmed with and every friend I've asked to help me with has gotten it, which is great but discouraging as I've been spending hours on this game farming for this one item, which is all I ask for . My Storm has low power pip chance and it'd be wonderful if I could finally get it. Is there any chance the drop rates for these decks be increased?

Mastermind
Oct 21, 2013
Same. I am used to farming for months on end for stuff I need but it is seriously so discouraging if all you get is reagents, useless TC and furniture.

The Rat and Omen are hard fights (especially Omen) so even if you don't get what you want normally don't you get other cool stuff as well?

100% Agree. Though it isn't likely can the drop rates be increased? All life is being drained from my soul farming these guys and getting trash.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Farming bosses 1000 times for one item that never drops, is not my idea of fun. More like agony and aggravation.

This is exactly why I prefer crafting. Sure, I spend a long time gathering and farming for reagents but at the end of it all, the gear I'm after is GUARANTEED to end up in my backpack.

Alia Misthaven

Delver
Dec 08, 2016
Mirajane7887 on Nov 7, 2017 wrote:
Same. I am used to farming for months on end for stuff I need but it is seriously so discouraging if all you get is reagents, useless TC and furniture.

The Rat and Omen are hard fights (especially Omen) so even if you don't get what you want normally don't you get other cool stuff as well?

100% Agree. Though it isn't likely can the drop rates be increased? All life is being drained from my soul farming these guys and getting trash.
Yup, and I don't have an endless supply of gold keys for Omen either, so I'm always having to rely on other people for this when on team up. I could probably farm Darkmoor for gold keys if I wanted to, but that would be another few extra hours added to my farming time.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
the reasons freshta listed are why i don't bother farming.

1) i like guaranteed, tangible results, and
2) think my time is worth more than a rank 5 pet snack and a reagent.

so, when the option is available, i just craft what i need.

it took me 9 months of farming to get a full set of darkmoor gear. and the only reason i did it was because i wanted to see how it would stack up against my other wizards' crafted gear, in order to determine whether or not the dm elite gear was actually required for survival in future worlds.

i will never understand people who say that farming is enjoyable. running an instance hundreds, sometimes thousands, of times... spending 2-4 hours in a dungeon, only to come up empty-handed repeatedly, is not fun; it's disheartening and soul-crushingly frustrating. it's the reason that just hearing the word darkmoor stresses me out, why the breaks i take from a game i used to love have been getting longer since khrysalis.

if you want us to enjoy farming, incentivize it. someone mentioned a token system a while back, where x amount of gold skeleton keys (for example) or lower-tier gear could be traded up (ie: 10 tier 3 robes=1 tier 1 robe). that way, those who want to slog through can do so if they choose, and those of us who don't can still work their way up to the good stuff.

-von