Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A Problem on Colossus

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 26, 2010
I've noticed recently that when several people go in together to battle a boss, people hang back until one or two rounds have gone through and then join the battle. The problem is the game lets these people cast spells but none of the bosses or boss helpers target these later players.

The worst thing I've seen happened on Colossus a few days ago when three of us when in to battle 4 or 5 (I can't remember) Cyclops. The first girl ran in with us a little bit behind and later someone else teleported in. We all fought but all the Cyclops targeted the first girl until she was defeated and fleed. Only then did they reset and started targeting us. We won prizes and had very little Health taken. One Wizard had no Health taken.

I was wondering if this problem could be fixed some how maybe with more bosses being added as more players join the battle (like it is when you battle on the streeets) and these new bosses target the new players?

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
When people join late I have seen them attacked by the creature they broght to the table, not sure if Wizard101 fixed this or if it was like that before. At least when you are 1v3 and someone joins the forth that they bring tends to attack them and not you.

Hero
Aug 23, 2009
If someone engages in battle alone the first round then the enemies attack them alone generally, unless someone else causes significant damage to the enemy to get their attention for the next round. As a general rule, the person in the first space tends to get attacked first and most often, so be prepared and strategize accordingly, it can work to everyone's advantage if players support each other.