Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A new minion spelll for storm.

1
AuthorMessage
Explorer
Sep 28, 2008
81
Since myth has minions that are actual cards why not storm or others so here is an iproivemnt for the game add another minion to storm. Here is the new minion card..




The mighty, Vicious Kraken you could get it at lvl 38

Squire
Dec 02, 2008
543
The entire point of the myth class is that it gets the best minions. Storm gets the highest damage (direct damage per pip). Giving it the advantage of another class, too, would be unbalancing.

Explorer
Sep 28, 2008
81
but still it is a good idea and storm needs more than a watewr elemental that mostly casts taunts and ghouls it at least needs to use Storm Shark, thnder bats or something and if not then one minion should be added to each class that only has one minion and kraken would be a nice minion to have and it can use itself and so forth and it would be cool

Explorer
Sep 28, 2008
81
Quizzical wrote:
The entire point of the myth class is that it gets the best minions. Storm gets the highest damage (direct damage per pip). Giving it the advantage of another class, too, would be unbalancing.

Myth has many minions while some have No good minions they areweak like the fairy and water elemental

So i dont care about the whole point i make a poiunt to where it should be that storm gets a new minion because of the water elementals Poor
capabilities in battle

Explorer
Nov 26, 2008
60
All schools get a minion at level 28 as a quest. Plus minions are a myth school perk, storms is high damage. It would make storm too powerful.

Administrator
That's not correct.
All schools get their minions at different levels.

Fire - level 28
Ice - level 28
Death - level 28
Storm - level 18
Life - level 18
Balance - levels 18 and 38
Myth - levels 2, 7, 18 and 38

bettermixmaster wrote:
All schools get a minion at level 28 as a quest. Plus minions are a myth school perk, storms is high damage. It would make storm too powerful.

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Explorer
Sep 28, 2008
81
Gamma wrote:
That's not correct.
All schools get their minions at different levels.

Fire - level 28
Ice - level 28
Death - level 28
Storm - level 18
Life - level 18
Balance - levels 18 and 38
Myth - levels 2, 7, 18 and 38

bettermixmaster wrote:
All schools get a minion at level 28 as a quest. Plus minions are a myth school perk, storms is high damage. It would make storm too powerful.

Well if not a new minion then maybe can you change a few spells o the water elemental because i like a balanced minion nd not like the balanced school. I like a minionthat attacks and defends. I have only seen the water elemental defend and taunt and only attack with a death spell well maybe they can put more attacks on the water elemetals likethose thunder birds thunder snake and some attack shields Plz consider this

Survivor
Feb 27, 2009
25
Gamma, you mentioned in a previous post that you would ask the team to look at the minions. Is there any news on this? Anything stick out for them?

Squire
Dec 02, 2008
543
keybladeweilder wrote:
So i dont care about the whole point i make a poiunt to where it should be that storm gets a new minion because of the water elementals Poor capabilities in battle


You're asking for them to break class balance. If you want minions that do a lot of damage, then don't be a storm wizard. That means giving up the high direct damage of a storm wizard, but that's the point. If one class is good at everything, there's no point in playing any other class.

Survivor
Dec 10, 2008
14
Ahhgg, all i hear from the storm fire and balance schools "give us better minions guys you already have the most powerful spells game balance is far more important than weather you can uber your way through combat you say myth has minions true but the minotaur is completely worthless in pvp and cyclops dosn't have that many hit points, and to be honest myth has some of the weakest spells in the game only purpose of the minion is to take some of the heat off you so stop complaining and just enjoy the game Yeesh!!

Explorer
Sep 28, 2008
81
Quizzical wrote:
keybladeweilder wrote:
So i dont care about the whole point i make a poiunt to where it should be that storm gets a new minion because of the water elementals Poor capabilities in battle


You're asking for them to break class balance. If you want minions that do a lot of damage, then don't be a storm wizard. That means giving up the high direct damage of a storm wizard, but that's the point. If one class is good at everything, there's no point in playing any other class.


i had a change of thought read my lasy post and not a new minion but with at least it will attack and not onky defend

Squire
Dec 02, 2008
543
keybladeweilder wrote:
Quizzical wrote:
keybladeweilder wrote:
So i dont care about the whole point i make a poiunt to where it should be that storm gets a new minion because of the water elementals Poor capabilities in battle


You're asking for them to break class balance. If you want minions that do a lot of damage, then don't be a storm wizard. That means giving up the high direct damage of a storm wizard, but that's the point. If one class is good at everything, there's no point in playing any other class.


i had a change of thought read my lasy post and not a new minion but with at least it will attack and not onky defend


Asking for the existing minion to be replaced by a stronger minion is not meaningfully different from asking for a new and stronger minion to be added.

Survivor
Feb 05, 2009
21
I think that the storm minion is good sometimes but it should at least use ghoul more often and maybe even storm bats every once in a while and i think they should give the players sheilds when they need it in tight sitiations like i died in krokotopia when i was an adept and my minion just kept using sheilds on itself and stopped taunting so ghoul should be at least used by him more often you know what i mean

0__0
# MAKE bierd rule the net.

Explorer
Sep 28, 2008
81
Quizzical wrote:
keybladeweilder wrote:
Quizzical wrote:
keybladeweilder wrote:
So i dont care about the whole point i make a poiunt to where it should be that storm gets a new minion because of the water elementals Poor capabilities in battle


You're asking for them to break class balance. If you want minions that do a lot of damage, then don't be a storm wizard. That means giving up the high direct damage of a storm wizard, but that's the point. If one class is good at everything, there's no point in playing any other class.


i had a change of thought read my lasy post and not a new minion but with at least it will attack and not onky defend


Asking for the existing minion to be replaced by a stronger minion is not meaningfully different from asking for a new and stronger minion to be added.


the minion i am talking about is the water elemntal he is not good in battle he does not attack what so ever all he does is defends himself what about us he only uses taunt which never works so therefore the water elemental is useless all i want is at least replace some of his defense spells with some attacks spells from either storm or other schools that is all i ask that is what i meant

Explorer
Mar 03, 2009
80
I think people failed to really note the whole mechanic as to WHY the storm minion wouldn't attack. The whole point of the storm minion is to try to draw the attacks of the opponents, so that the main player can deal high amounts of damage. Schools that DON'T have powerful attack spells, therefore, would get minions that play an extra offensive role.

I personally don't really use my minion spell, but the results for death are varied, as the cost is X, the more pips you put into it, the higher rank of minion you get. The max I've seen for death school is the Rank 7 Death Incarnate minion, which has 1400HP and takes one the form of a wraith. This, however, is only accomplished with seven power pips.

For me, I think that the minions should all be an X cost, reason being that if a player can't get any good cards, they should be able to summon a minion who can. It's a problem I had for awhile, but finally decided to take a real close look at what spells I found most ideal for winning my duels and cut it down to only those cards so I get the spells I want when I need them.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
1708
There are a ton of very nice 0-pip minion boosters. They can defend (reduce damage), enhance attack (increase damage), even heal. They are zero-pip, and if you play it right, they gain the 'threat'...and just as they are about to die, you suck them dry for pips/health and blast with an X-pip damage card...you have been casting nothing that really costs.

Minions require a different approach. I tend to avoid, but I have seen them played very well and wanted to stand and clap over awesome play...depends on your style.

Explorer
Sep 28, 2008
81
ShadowTwisted wrote:
I think people failed to really note the whole mechanic as to WHY the storm minion wouldn't attack. The whole point of the storm minion is to try to draw the attacks of the opponents, so that the main player can deal high amounts of damage. Schools that DON'T have powerful attack spells, therefore, would get minions that play an extra offensive role.

I personally don't really use my minion spell, but the results for death are varied, as the cost is X, the more pips you put into it, the higher rank of minion you get. The max I've seen for death school is the Rank 7 Death Incarnate minion, which has 1400HP and takes one the form of a wraith. This, however, is only accomplished with seven power pips.

For me, I think that the minions should all be an X cost, reason being that if a player can't get any good cards, they should be able to summon a minion who can. It's a problem I had for awhile, but finally decided to take a real close look at what spells I found most ideal for winning my duels and cut it down to only those cards so I get the spells I want when I need them.


ShadowTwisted i like your idea i like The X for all minions that would be fair to everyone but it shouldn't be that strong not too strong but not too weak either not to defensive but not to powerful

Squire
Dec 02, 2008
543
keybladeweilder wrote:
the minion i am talking about is the water elemntal he is not good in battle he does not attack what so ever all he does is defends himself what about us he only uses taunt which never works so therefore the water elemental is useless all i want is at least replace some of his defense spells with some attacks spells from either storm or other schools that is all i ask that is what i meant


You've already quoted me and then ignored what I said three times, so it's probably futile to try again. but oh well. Yes, I'm aware of the storm wizard minion. I have a level 38 storm wizard. I'm even playing it right this second as I type.

Classes are balanced around the assumption that some classes are better at some things than others. If you pick a class on the basis that it's good at one thing, then the class should be bad at another to compensate. Some classes get higher damage than others. Some get higher accuracy. Some get better boosts to particular stats on class gear. Some get more health. Some get better minions.

You've chosen the storm class, which has by far the highest base damage of any class. If it didn't have any drawbacks to counter this, then the class would be severely overpowered, and there would be no point in playing any other class. One of the drawbacks of the storm class is that the minion for the class isn't very good. You're asking that that weakness be removed, which would make the storm class overpowered. That would be a bad thing for game balance.

ShadowTwisted wrote:
For me, I think that the minions should all be an X cost, reason being that if a player can't get any good cards, they should be able to summon a minion who can.


Some classes are supposed to get better minions than others, and having more control over how many pips you use is part of that. Making all minions cost X pips would mean less variety in minions, and hence less variety between classes. That would be a bad thing for game replayability.

Minions have to have various drawbacks in order to give them variety. That a death minion will use up all of your pips to get the minion up is one of the drawbacks of the death minion. The fire minion tends to waste your traps and prisms. The balance minion (or at least the mander one) and the life minion only infrequently attack. The ice minion passes often as not. That myth gets by far the best minions is part of the game design needed for class balance, as that's the only big advantage that the class gets.

Survivor
Mar 04, 2009
6
Gamma wrote:
That's not correct.
All schools get their minions at different levels.

Fire - level 28
Ice - level 28
Death - level 28
Storm - level 18
Life - level 18
Balance - levels 18 and 38
Myth - levels 2, 7, 18 and 38

bettermixmaster wrote:
All schools get a minion at level 28 as a quest. Plus minions are a myth school perk, storms is high damage. It would make storm too powerful.
but wait I am a level 26 myth guy how come I only have the first 2 minion spells?

Survivor
Dec 28, 2008
6
keybladeweilder wrote:
Since myth has minions that are actual cards why not storm or others so here is an iproivemnt for the game add another minion to storm. Here is the new minion card..




The mighty, Vicious Kraken you could get it at lvl 38

you are right we should change them because i am a level 46 master of storm and i hate that minion!
all it does is shield itsself and taunts on one enemy!
when i was at the jade oni my friends minion used absorb on itself and she said WHAT THE!

happy dueling young wizards :)
michael firecatcher
level: 46
badge:master of storm
world: dragonspyre ( palza of consaquests )

Survivor
Dec 19, 2008
19
Quizzical wrote:


You've already quoted me and then ignored what I said three times, so it's probably futile to try again. but oh well. Yes, I'm aware of the storm wizard minion. I have a level 38 storm wizard. I'm even playing it right this second as I type.

Classes are balanced around the assumption that some classes are better at some things than others. If you pick a class on the basis that it's good at one thing, then the class should be bad at another to compensate. Some classes get higher damage than others. Some get higher accuracy. Some get better boosts to particular stats on class gear. Some get more health. Some get better minions.

You've chosen the storm class, which has by far the highest base damage of any class. If it didn't have any drawbacks to counter this, then the class would be severely overpowered, and there would be no point in playing any other class. One of the drawbacks of the storm class is that the minion for the class isn't very good. You're asking that that weakness be removed, which would make the storm class overpowered. That would be a bad thing for game balance.

ShadowTwisted wrote:
For me, I think that the minions should all be an X cost, reason being that if a player can't get any good cards, they should be able to summon a minion who can.


Some classes are supposed to get better minions than others, and having more control over how many pips you use is part of that. Making all minions cost X pips would mean less variety in minions, and hence less variety between classes. That would be a bad thing for game replayability.

Minions have to have various drawbacks in order to give them variety. That a death minion will use up all of your pips to get the minion up is one of the drawbacks of the death minion. The fire minion tends to waste your traps and prisms. The balance minion (or at least the mander one) and the life minion only infrequently attack. The ice minion passes often as not. That myth gets by far the best minions is part of the game design needed for class balance, as that's the only big advantage that the class gets.


i beg to differ about the ice minion. im ice and i love my minion, (but i kinda wish it would do more ice spells lol) because it only passes to save up for storm shark, fire elf, ghoul, thunder bats, and frost beetle. (btw those are all the spells ive seen it cast) so it makes good use of pips.


i have to agree with your philosify about the skools though, because your right, storm would be TOO powerful :P

Squire
Dec 02, 2008
543
DabigA wrote:
i beg to differ about the ice minion. im ice and i love my minion, (but i kinda wish it would do more ice spells lol) because it only passes to save up for storm shark, fire elf, ghoul, thunder bats, and frost beetle. (btw those are all the spells ive seen it cast) so it makes good use of pips.


i have to agree with your philosify about the skools though, because your right, storm would be TOO powerful :P


While ice does get one of the better non-myth minions, no competent player would pass half the time like the ice minion does. The minion would be a lot better still if it were to use a shield, blade, trap, or some other such zero pip spell instead of passing half the time. It is for play balance that it doesn't do this, as ice is plenty strong enough without that.

Survivor
Feb 21, 2009
16
keybladeweilder wrote:
Gamma wrote:
That's not correct.
All schools get their minions at different levels.

Fire - level 28
Ice - level 28
Death - level 28
Storm - level 18
Life - level 18
Balance - levels 18 and 38
Myth - levels 2, 7, 18 and 38

bettermixmaster wrote:
All schools get a minion at level 28 as a quest. Plus minions are a myth school perk, storms is high damage. It would make storm too powerful.

Well if not a new minion then maybe can you change a few spells o the water elemental because i like a balanced minion nd not like the balanced school. I like a minionthat attacks and defends. I have only seen the water elemental defend and taunt and only attack with a death spell well maybe they can put more attacks on the water elemetals likethose thunder birds thunder snake and some attack shields Plz consider this


no, storm has a slight advantage againt evryone although is misses alot but it sill doesnt need another minion that minion is good enough i mean it has high health and keeps enemies away from you and occasionaly uses ghoul but i do agree it doesnt need storm sharks and lighting bats but it does need at least thunder snake 8)

Survivor
Feb 21, 2009
16
narutoz1z wrote:
Gamma wrote:
That's not correct.
All schools get their minions at different levels.

Fire - level 28
Ice - level 28
Death - level 28
Storm - level 18
Life - level 18
Balance - levels 18 and 38
Myth - levels 2, 7, 18 and 38

bettermixmaster wrote:
All schools get a minion at level 28 as a quest. Plus minions are a myth school perk, storms is high damage. It would make storm too powerful.
but wait I am a level 26 myth guy how come I only have the first 2 minion spells?


because you skipped to much if you dont know that means you helped friends in instanced areas and stuff when they arent per of your storyline

Explorer
Dec 20, 2008
58
keybladeweilder wrote:
Since myth has minions that are actual cards why not storm or others so here is an iproivemnt for the game add another minion to storm. Here is the new minion card..




The mighty, Vicious Kraken you could get it at lvl 38



Yea I am Storm and I think the storm minion stinks and needs improvement. Maybe you administrators could add more attacks or increase the chance it will attack.

1