Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A mathmatical inconsistency?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 13, 2009
Ok so as all of us high level wizards know (As well as a few low levels lucky enough to have gear with these spells) there are sun spells that increase the strength of our spells. Well on my lvl 60 death, I have Gargantuan which increases a spells strength by 225, or so it says. When I use it on my Wraith, a 500 damage spell, it only increases to 650. Now according to my math, 500 + 225 = 725 not 650. The same thing happens with my Scarecrow, a 400 damage spell that is only increased to 550 by Gargantuan.

Once again, 400 + 225 should equal 625 not 550. It also does it for the damage of my Skeletal Dragon, 200 damage and then 810 damage over time. With Gargantuan this should equal 425 damage and then 1035 damage over time, but it only 313 damage with 913 damage over time. Now the Skeletal Dragon I can understand a little not being to full, because Gargantuan might treat its initial hit and over time damage as one amount, and therefore divides the 225 increase between the two. But for Wraith and Scarecrow it should not do this. Ghoul and Vampire are also not increased to the amount they should be, but I wont post the actual amounts here.

I don't know if this was intended or not, but if not then please fix it. Or perhaps its just not displaying the propor amount on the card, just like the Feint spell used to read +70% to enemy and +70% to self for next damage instead of what it truly was which is +70% to enemy and +30% to self for next damage. If though that it was intended not to increase as much, then I ask that you please make it increase to full. Every other school gets the full benefits of the Gargantuan spell and death is left out of the full benefits.

Thanks, Luke Deathweaver

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
IsaacDragona wrote:
Ok so as all of us high level wizards know (As well as a few low levels lucky enough to have gear with these spells) there are sun spells that increase the strength of our spells. Well on my lvl 60 death, I have Gargantuan which increases a spells strength by 225, or so it says. When I use it on my Wraith, a 500 damage spell, it only increases to 650. Now according to my math, 500 + 225 = 725 not 650. The same thing happens with my Scarecrow, a 400 damage spell that is only increased to 550 by Gargantuan.

Once again, 400 + 225 should equal 625 not 550. It also does it for the damage of my Skeletal Dragon, 200 damage and then 810 damage over time. With Gargantuan this should equal 425 damage and then 1035 damage over time, but it only 313 damage with 913 damage over time. Now the Skeletal Dragon I can understand a little not being to full, because Gargantuan might treat its initial hit and over time damage as one amount, and therefore divides the 225 increase between the two. But for Wraith and Scarecrow it should not do this. Ghoul and Vampire are also not increased to the amount they should be, but I wont post the actual amounts here.

I don't know if this was intended or not, but if not then please fix it. Or perhaps its just not displaying the propor amount on the card, just like the Feint spell used to read +70% to enemy and +70% to self for next damage instead of what it truly was which is +70% to enemy and +30% to self for next damage. If though that it was intended not to increase as much, then I ask that you please make it increase to full. Every other school gets the full benefits of the Gargantuan spell and death is left out of the full benefits.

Thanks, Luke Deathweaver

Please see this thread:

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/35160.ftl

as it is fully covered there.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
IsaacDragona wrote:

Thanks, Luke Deathweaver

Drain spells were deemed too powerful to get the full Garg. effect by KI (since they heal you unlike regular attack spells). Skeletal Dragon (and other dots) have the damage applied over all the turns, not each turn. You are getting 250 extra damage over the entire total damage of Skeletal Dragon.

Survivor
Mar 13, 2009
gtarhannon wrote:
IsaacDragona wrote:

Thanks, Luke Deathweaver

Please see this thread:

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/35160.ftl

as it is fully covered there.

Yea, I found it after I had already made this thread. :P But thanks.

Survivor
Jun 29, 2011
ok heres the math 225 garg
150 extra damage
75 given back as health for it
=
225 total boost