Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

a little overpriced for crowns

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 24, 2012
hi it is me again and i am here to complain about the over pricing of crowns i think they should dial it back a bit. i mean $80 for 60,000? thats insane! $10 for 5,000 i think it is a little over priced in my opinion. i think wizard101 should lower the price on crowns.

Delver
Dec 15, 2009
60,000 crowns is 1/3rd of the whole game bought.

If you buy 180,000 crowns, the whole game is free, permanently.

Also, every other week they do a deal that's $60 for 60,000 crowns, not 80

So if you invest $180 you can buy the whole game and play it all permanently with no membership.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
MalvinHawkRunner on Jan 3, 2017 wrote:
60,000 crowns is 1/3rd of the whole game bought.

If you buy 180,000 crowns, the whole game is free, permanently.

Also, every other week they do a deal that's $60 for 60,000 crowns, not 80

So if you invest $180 you can buy the whole game and play it all permanently with no membership.
Do you get six wizards that way?

It doesn't make sense that people who have bought that many crowns and continue to buy crowns would also then have to pay a yearly membership, while others who only bought the full pack of crowns three times never would have to pay for a membership again.

I'm not disputing what you are saying by the way. I am saying that if that is the way it is, it makes no sense and it actually penalizes people who pay for membership.

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2010
Yes, if you buy the entire game with Crowns, you get all six wizards. For the same as three sale memberships you can own the game without having to pay another penny.

That's why Membership also comes with "Member Benefits" to encourage people to buy membership. It's more profitable for KI, of course they want you to be a member. That's basic business.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
SparkleTude on Jan 3, 2017 wrote:
Do you get six wizards that way?

It doesn't make sense that people who have bought that many crowns and continue to buy crowns would also then have to pay a yearly membership, while others who only bought the full pack of crowns three times never would have to pay for a membership again.

I'm not disputing what you are saying by the way. I am saying that if that is the way it is, it makes no sense and it actually penalizes people who pay for membership.
Once you have purchased an area with crowns, ALL wizards on THAT account will have access without further charges.

The only difference for those who use crowns to buy areas and those you buy memberships is the fact there are certain benefits for Paying Members. No one is forcing players to buy that many crowns to purchase areas then pay for memberships as well. But if you want the added benefits for members, then it would be prudent to consider the options before buying that many crowns for areas v membership.

I pay for a membership but rarely buy crowns so I don't see that I am being penalized. I choose to play the game this way in order to have the extras that membership gives.