Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A friend of mine was banned, and we don't know why

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 02, 2018
Hi there! I'm posting here on behalf of my friend, as I don't think they know of this forum / will post here, even if they did. We used to play wizard101 a while back. I made a new account to be fresh, but he decided to go with his old account. A friend gave him a prepaid card to use to pay for his subscription, but the card was damaged and he couldn't make out the code. He tried various codes, and he did eventually get it to work, but it turns out the card couldn't be used anyway. He then asked his parents, and they bought the subscription for him. We thought all was fine, but once he actually started playing he was suddenly banned, and was given no reason via email or otherwise for it.

Is it possible it was because trying to guess the damaged card's end code appeared like a bot trying to take control of the account? Was it really just random? And more importantly, is it possible for him to keep his subscription once unbanned, if it is removed on ban? It's kinda annoying to him, and understandably so, that he was banned immediately after spending 50 dollars of his own money on a subscription, and not being able to take part in everyone playing.

Geographer
Jun 06, 2008
This sounds unlikely. Please have your friend contact Customer Support and request more information on the conditions of the ban.

Email: support@wizard101.com
Web: https://www.wizard101.com/CustomerSupport/game

Survivor
Mar 02, 2018
Just going to leave an update on this after he got through to support. It was because of failing payment attempts too much. I guess even though it's obvious you shouldn't keep trying something like that if it isn't working! Thanks to support team for handling it quickly.