Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A Few Problems with Wizard101...

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 09, 2011
14
Hi Kingsisle! I really enjoy the game, and it is very fun, but it has some problems. I do not think you are bad or that Wizard101 is bad, but I'm just saying some things that could be fixed. First off, I really don't see the point of mana. In action games (not turn based), mana stops people from spamming attacks. But in Wizard101, it just hinders gameplay. I feel that there are a lot of things keeping people from the fun main game :( . Personally, I think the Pet Minigames could use some improvement. They get quite tedious after a while, and you need to do them so you can get the stats for your Wizard. I already have a post on that, though, so you should go check that out. Ok, you'd probably expect me to complain about ice next. But, please don't fix it yet, I wanna level my ice and be OP too XD. Just kidding. Ice does need a bit of a nerf. And yes, I'm being defensive because I'm leveling one.

So, KI, if you can fix these things, please do. Or, if anyone has any suggestions, please tell me what you think :D

Administrator
hazetrain wrote:
First off, I really don't see the point of mana. In action games (not turn based), mana stops people from spamming attacks. But in Wizard101, it just hinders gameplay.

Mana limits the number of spells you can cast before returning to a 'safe' non-combat zone.

hazetrain wrote:
I feel that there are a lot of things keeping people from the fun main game :( . Personally, I think the Pet Minigames could use some improvement. They get quite tedious after a while, and you need to do them so you can get the stats for your Wizard. I already have a post on that, though, so you should go check that out.


There are some new pet minigames coming soon - they're currently on the Test Realm and you can also level your pet by feeding them items from your backpack. https://www.wizard101.com/game/update-notes/november2011#PetFeeding

hazetrain wrote:
Ok, you'd probably expect me to complain about ice next. But, please don't fix it yet, I wanna level my ice and be OP too XD. Just kidding. Ice does need a bit of a nerf. And yes, I'm being defensive because I'm leveling one.

So, KI, if you can fix these things, please do. Or, if anyone has any suggestions, please tell me what you think :D


Thank you!


community@wizard101.com
Archon
Oct 24, 2010
4956
hazetrain wrote:
Ok, you'd probably expect me to complain about ice next. But, please don't fix it yet

Please don't "fix it" at all. I LOVE my Ice wizards.

Explorer
May 25, 2009
90
RavenLady777 wrote:
hazetrain wrote:
Ok, you'd probably expect me to complain about ice next. But, please don't fix it yet

Please don't "fix it" at all. I LOVE my Ice wizards.


Um.. Have you seen immunity?

It's really not fun. Except for Ice.

Its unfair!!!

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
4956
mip77 wrote:
RavenLady777 wrote:
hazetrain wrote:
Ok, you'd probably expect me to complain about ice next. But, please don't fix it yet

Please don't "fix it" at all. I LOVE my Ice wizards.


Um.. Have you seen immunity?

It's really not fun. Except for Ice.

Its unfair!!!

Um, I don't PvP so it doesn't affect me at all. And it's an optional area of the game, so why change any school's spells because others don't know how to fight around it? There are ways to beat any school. You just have to figure out how.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
2636
Any game you have to play 25 times in a row, over 2 days because of lack of energy, to get your pet to adult, is going to get on ones nerves, new - old what have you.Those of us that trudge though with out buying mega snacks with crowns are suppose to suffer for it. My problem is all this time wasted on a pet that I end up releasing in my yard 9 times out of 10. Not very productive.

Feeding your items to your pet epic rarely nets anything to your pet - you may get other things but mostly it's a low amount of gold. The only time I feed pet is if I am at my gold cap, other wise sell it out right and get more gold.

From what I have heard from testers is one game is remake of the cannon game and other is too lengthy to be practical.