Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

3 possible bugs for myth :(

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 06, 2008
Hey guys, has anyone noticed improper damage calculations for Myth's new(ish) spells?

Medusa's top damage seems less then Ortherus's top damage with Myth/Balance blades. I did a lot of fighting last night. The pet Orth spell does virtually the same damage has Medusa (same situation, same enemies) That does not include Orth's extra damage at the beginning of the attack.
I think Medusa had a 1 point attack damage (need to redo it to make sure) difference. But if you look at the cards, there is clearly a damage difference.

Frog pet's dot does less then 500 with Time of Legend.
(there is a chance I miss read how this card works. if that is possible I do appologize)

Shatter does not seem to work at all. It says "Removes all positive (shows a picture of a shield) from the enemy. I used this spell, and it zoomed in on the enemy in question, but then zoomed out having affect.

Anyone else notice these?

Delver
Mar 13, 2011
Emyrus wrote:
Hey guys, has anyone noticed improper damage calculations for Myth's new(ish) spells?

Medusa's top damage seems less then Ortherus's top damage with Myth/Balance blades.

Shatter does not seem to work at all. It says "Removes all positive (shows a picture of a shield) from the enemy. I used this spell, and it zoomed in on the enemy in question, but then zoomed out having affect.

Not sure about the first two, because maybe you were not testing them on exactly the same mobs, and/or taking their resists into account.

As for the third one, which positive wards did it not remove?

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
Medusa is slightly, and I mean *slightly* more powerful than Orthrus, but does end up doing more damage. That damage increases as more and more blades and traps are used.

I did a test for giggles, and with only one Myth blade (+35%), Medusa edged out over Orthrus by only 160-170 points. (I forget exact number.)

I use Medusa ONLY if I happen to have a Feint to use (did not train for Feint) or one of the Myth traps.

I am incredibly disappointed with Medusa. The 2 turn stun is not that great, and even less so when fighting a boss. 90% of the time, I end up using Orthrus for my top spell, and just save a pip for another upcoming attack.

Delver
Sep 22, 2010
I have wondered my self why The Medusa spell is so low in damage....i can under stand it if it attacked the whole Mob like Froggy....or earth Quake...

Historian
May 28, 2009
Emyrus wrote:

Medusa's top damage seems less then Ortherus's top damage with Myth/Balance blades. I did a lot of fighting last night. The pet Orth spell does virtually the same damage has Medusa (same situation, same enemies) That does not include Orth's extra damage at the beginning of the attack.
I think Medusa had a 1 point attack damage (need to redo it to make sure) difference. But if you look at the cards, there is clearly a damage difference.

(there is a chance I miss read how this card works. if that is possible I do appologize)

Shatter does not remove traps, blades, or negative charms.
Cleanse Ward sometimes does not remove a trap on a friend if the boss have some cheat or something idk. Noble Hugo Frog DOES 525 damages. But
over 3 turns. Not 525 every turn. 525 over 3 turns means 175 damages every turn.

Medusa is a spell not toward damages but to Stun, damage and one hit. If you don't want to get 2 Myth traps for Orthrus or Minotaur, you canuse Medusa.

Delver
Mar 13, 2011
dragonpower333 wrote:
I have wondered my self why The Medusa spell is so low in damage....i can under stand it if it attacked the whole Mob like Froggy....or earth Quake...

I'll address this like a read from See Spot Run...

Get three waterworks gears.
See sun trainer.
Train gargantuan.
See big damage.

Survivor
Jul 06, 2008
HooVooLoo wrote:
Emyrus wrote:

Medusa's top damage seems less then Ortherus's top damage with Myth/Balance blades.

Not sure about the first two, because maybe you were not testing them on exactly the same mobs, and/or taking their resists into account.

As for the third one, which positive wards did it not remove?

Nothing. That is the point. Nothing was removed. There was both blades and shields on the mob, and nothing changed. The screen zoomed in on the mob, then zoomed out.

As for Orth and Medusa, she is sort of a dissapointment. I tried her and orth both on ice monsters. (they were crabs with ice type) Orth was doing basically the same damage with a point difference here or there. (pet orth, not normal orth)

Delver
Mar 13, 2011
...(pet orth, not normal orth)

Well pffht, lol, there you are.

Pet orth does 805 base damage, Medusa 770. But you only get one pet orth card per new deck.

With the shatter/pierce thing, dunno' what to tell you. Always works for me.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Ok, obviously, you are not a player that truly knows how to buff damage...

Let me clue you in, if you don't mind...

Myth Enchanted Blade from hat, myth enchanted treasure card, myth blade, spirit enchanted treasure card, spirit blades... These are the blades that can boost Myth, not to mention balance blades, dark pact, dragon blades, etc... All these can boost the outgoing damage of an attack...

Now, with gargantuan, you can really boost the base damage of an attack...

Both will make Medusa, Orthrus, Minotaur, and even Humungofrog extremely powerful...

Now, here is the difference...

If you were to buff Medusa, you only need 1 feint, 1 amulet feint, 1 treasure feint, 1 myth trap...

Now, if you use all of these traps with medusa, without critical you are well over 20 to 30k damage, if not more... How many Bosses have that much health?

Now, with Orthrus, to do that much damage, you would need 2 of everything... 2 feints, 2 amulet feints, 2 treasure feints, 2 myth traps, because the first attack uses all traps for minimum damage, but allowing the spell to bypass a shield if present...

See the difference?

Now, as for shatter, it removes all shields from your opponent... If the person you cast shatter on, did not have a shield present, it wont remove anything... If they have 30 shields, it will remove them all... How is this spell not worth it?

Myth is one of the best schools in the game, it just takes a great player to truly know how to use myth to benefit them the most!

Delver
Sep 22, 2010
HooVooLoo wrote:
dragonpower333 wrote:

I'll address this like a read from See Spot Run...

Get three waterworks gears.
See sun trainer.
Train gargantuan.
See big damage.

Now that was funny.... but yeah I do buff and the most damage I have is 20k with medusa spell...funny though thanks..

Survivor
Sep 01, 2011
How are you getting to use all that in PvP? So far, these matches consist of 3 rounds: a blade, a trap, a shield, and a death from storm lord, fire genie, etc. I would truly like to see a Myth player last through a battle against storm and fire team.

Defender
Feb 28, 2011
archuman wrote:
How are you getting to use all that in PvP? So far, these matches consist of 3 rounds: a blade, a trap, a shield, and a death from storm lord, fire genie, etc. I would truly like to see a Myth player last through a battle against storm and fire team.

I second this! I am the only one of all my students that does pvp, i'm the only legend, and i am playing to get points for the crimson spectre, of course the most expensive dang pet. :( I am lucky if I have 3 wins to my name in pvp! Team or single player :( I got beat in one round by a storm girl with some zap thingie. I am working to train a pet with spritely in hopes that it helps me some, but so far i'm bummed about pvp as a myth legend. And I love my medusa. I rarely bother with minotaur or orthrus in regular battle since two blades arent needed, it only triggers the first blade for first attack, and double traps are always needed for biggest benefit. I keep maybe 2 orthrus in my deck but dont enable the pet since (bummer) he doesnt get spritely, the dang frog gets spritely and I dont like the frog much :( I may try to create (hatch) my own orthrus once I have a pet with spritely to see if spritely will pass to a new orthrus. I hatched several versions of the forest lord with someone that had all 3 colors, my inferno beast got unicorn because i hatched my unicorn with the inferno beast. my wendigo so far hasnt gotten spritely or unicorn, cant remember what I used when hatching this pet. My cloud beast has unicorn first, then gained spritely. May try cloud beast with my orthrus just to see what happens.

But I'm disappointed in pvp. It's horrible to have some lower lvl kid say 'woot! i beat a legend' :( :( :(