Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

18+ open chat

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 15, 2014
I am well over the age of 18 and I have open chat. My daughter wanted to start playing so we set up her an account a couple years ago when she was still under the age of 18. early last year she stopped playing and I took over the account, since I pay for it I figured I might as well utilize it.
After last August, when she turned 18, I tried to get her account open chat. I contacted KI and they were very unhelpful, telling me that the birthday that was entered has "a little while" before it's of the age of 18. So I gave up trying and tried again this year. However, because they would give me no information on to how to correct this situation, even though I'm the child's mother AND I pay for the account and they have proof of that, because the 2 accounts are connected to MY credit card.
So I went and made a purchase on her account for a small amount of crowns, because I heard that you need to make a purchase on the account in order to activate the open chat.
Here it is now September and I still have not been able to activate Open chat. I'm at a loss currently.

Keira

Geographer
Jun 06, 2008
kiera0829 on Sep 6, 2016 wrote:
I am well over the age of 18 and I have open chat. My daughter wanted to start playing so we set up her an account a couple years ago when she was still under the age of 18. early last year she stopped playing and I took over the account, since I pay for it I figured I might as well utilize it.
After last August, when she turned 18, I tried to get her account open chat. I contacted KI and they were very unhelpful, telling me that the birthday that was entered has "a little while" before it's of the age of 18. So I gave up trying and tried again this year. However, because they would give me no information on to how to correct this situation, even though I'm the child's mother AND I pay for the account and they have proof of that, because the 2 accounts are connected to MY credit card.
So I went and made a purchase on her account for a small amount of crowns, because I heard that you need to make a purchase on the account in order to activate the open chat.
Here it is now September and I still have not been able to activate Open chat. I'm at a loss currently.

Keira
Hello. I've let our Customer Support know about this issue, and they'll be reaching out to you over email.