Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

-800 mana from new PVP items?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 07, 2009
17
Is this intended? It makes them unusable if it is. :P

Was just wondering before I buy a piece.

Survivor
Mar 02, 2009
16
Could we get an administrator to look into this? I also would like to know if this is a glitch or something, because if it was intended, those items can never be used in battle, even though they look awesome. I wouldnt mind if they were -80 mana, because they might be usable then, but would prevent low level players from using them because they wouldnt have the mana boosts on other items to counter it.

Explorer
Mar 03, 2009
80
Trust me, the people on the test realm were worried about this issue as well. However, it was established that it is NOT a glitch. Arena battles don't use mana, and so the equipment is designed to be used ONLY in the arena and nowhere else.

Explorer
Dec 13, 2008
60
ShadowTwisted wrote:
, and so the equipment is designed to be used ONLY in the arena and nowhere else.


Then, who'd want to use these equipments? I like using my outfits to fight, usally I wear stuff that gives me a card. So, I'd have to wear this outfit for show and have another outfit to fight with! I'm not buying this, it's a waste of arena points, no one wants this! I know there nice but, huh??? I'ts not fair! I wouldn't mind if it was -80 or -100 but -800?? What were they thinking??

Review on outfit
A WASTE /*****
0/5 stars for the outfit!

Horrible,
-Fellow Wizard. . .

Explorer
May 22, 2008
76
ShadowTwisted wrote:
Trust me, the people on the test realm were worried about this issue as well. However, it was established that it is NOT a glitch. Arena battles don't use mana, and so the equipment is designed to be used ONLY in the arena and nowhere else.


YUP this is right. It is to ensure that the items are not used outside of the arena. THe -800 Mana attributes are only on PvP only gear.

Defender
Feb 18, 2009
186
HondaAccord59 wrote:
ShadowTwisted wrote:
, and so the equipment is designed to be used ONLY in the arena and nowhere else.


Then, who'd want to use these equipments? I like using my outfits to fight, usally I wear stuff that gives me a card. So, I'd have to wear this outfit for show and have another outfit to fight with! I'm not buying this, it's a waste of arena points, no one wants this! I know there nice but, huh??? I'ts not fair! I wouldn't mind if it was -80 or -100 but -800?? What were they thinking??

Review on outfit
A WASTE /*****
0/5 stars for the outfit!

Horrible,
-Fellow Wizard. . .




Young Wizard,
Good morning, the point of the -800 mana is so that you use that equipment ONLY in the PVP. I agree that the Arena Tickets are great for getting great gear for in game play as well but after much review and talk of such, they decided to make outfits that go with JUST PVP battles. I personally like this idea because from my experience, it helps with the battles in the PVP.

I hope this helps....

See ya in the Spiral,
Hunter SilverHeart

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
336
:?

I have been questioning this issue myself .... even though I never actually go into the PVP Arena....

:?

Defender
Sep 28, 2008
105
That makes very little sense to have to carry two outfits in which one would play in. One outfit to play the game in and one outfit to have to change into just to play in the arena. Most people do not carry two outfits around with them and or various other items at all times. This leads to another problem as well, having to go back to your dorm room to change just to go play in a game that you just signed into to play. The same being having as to sign in twice. I feel that if you have earned enough tickets to buy the outfits that you want, then why should you be limited to only being able to wear it inside the arena? I know that if it were me, I would not buy the -800 gear because it would be only a hassle to both carry and then change into when I wanted to play in a game that I have to sign into to play twice.
Lower the stats and it would be a more attractive purchase to both play in and wear. That would be the only way I would then purchase any of the gear.