Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

When I should do grizzleheim

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 23, 2017
Right now I'm level 34, and I'm in mooshu. I want to make sure that I avoid the glitch where headmaster Ambrose calls me for grizzle part 2 and he has no quest for me. Should I wait until I finish dragonspyre to do grizzleheim part one and 2? Is there anyone who was able to do both parts without experiencing a glitch?

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Ambrose is programmed to call you to Grizzleheim at levels 20, 25, 35, 40 & 45. This is regardless of whether you have quested there or not - those were just the original levels of when various areas of Grizzleheim part 1 opened up to us.

As for Wintertusk, I think it becomes available at level 40, provided we have completed the first part up through the completion of Ravenscar. Originally we could not enter Ravenscar until level 45, but now it is open at level 40 (right after we've defeated Jotun in Nidavellir). Ambrose will call you to Wintertusk after you defeat the Coven in Ravenscar.

All that said, going into Wintertusk at any level below 48 (when most schools get a powerful, 'attack everyone' spell) would be asking for an insane level of challenge.

To summarize and advise: Before you reach level 45, Ambrose will call you several times no matter what you do. After you defeat the Coven, he will call you to Wintertusk. There is a spell in Mirkholm Keep that you can earn at level 35, so I'd recommend doing Grizzleheim part 1 right around the time you reach level 40.

Save Wintertusk until after Dragonspyre/level 48. If it's still too challenging, wait until after Celestia.

Alia Misthaven

Delver
May 29, 2009
I usually go and do the first half of Grizzleheim when Ambrose calls me. It's usually a good change of pace. Then I'll do Marleybone or Mooshu and by then it's time to go back for the second half. I will also do Wysteria before Dragonspyre since GH & WY don't really have high level mobs, bosses, or dungeons. This allows me to rack up the experience points, gain levels, get spells so after DS I'm ready for Wintertusk, which I do before going to Celestia.

How you decided to do the side worlds is entirely up to you, though. Myself, I've never had any glitches concerning GH. If anything you might try going to WC & GH and checking your quest ? to see if there are any available quests for you in those areas.

Good luck on your journeys whichever path you take :)

~SM~

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Just to provide a disclaimer; Grizzleheim's experience is incredibly subpar. It's bad and do not match up correctly to the difficulty in quests you'll be doing here. This of course all changes in Wintertusk (Additional world available after completing Grizzleheim).

Now, onto your query.

Well, to have an easier time and to avoid that "glitch" you mention (even though I'm oblivious to this glitch), you can opt to finish Dragonspyre and just power through Grizzleheim.

Or, to take advantage (or try at least) you can begin Grizzleheim. A new quest which will give you a new spell at level 35 unlocks here after progressing through the world. So, it's ultimately your decision.

Good Luck!

Whatever the case is though, ensure you do both Grizzleheim and Wintertusk!

You won't regret it.

Explorer
May 23, 2017
Freshta on Dec 10, 2017 wrote:
Ambrose is programmed to call you to Grizzleheim at levels 20, 25, 35, 40 & 45. This is regardless of whether you have quested there or not - those were just the original levels of when various areas of Grizzleheim part 1 opened up to us.

As for Wintertusk, I think it becomes available at level 40, provided we have completed the first part up through the completion of Ravenscar. Originally we could not enter Ravenscar until level 45, but now it is open at level 40 (right after we've defeated Jotun in Nidavellir). Ambrose will call you to Wintertusk after you defeat the Coven in Ravenscar.

All that said, going into Wintertusk at any level below 48 (when most schools get a powerful, 'attack everyone' spell) would be asking for an insane level of challenge.

To summarize and advise: Before you reach level 45, Ambrose will call you several times no matter what you do. After you defeat the Coven, he will call you to Wintertusk. There is a spell in Mirkholm Keep that you can earn at level 35, so I'd recommend doing Grizzleheim part 1 right around the time you reach level 40.

Save Wintertusk until after Dragonspyre/level 48. If it's still too challenging, wait until after Celestia.

Alia Misthaven
If thats the case then i think it would be best for me to do celestia before gruzzleheim and tusk. I dont do side quests. By the time i finish dragonspyre ill be like level 45. My situation is i just want shatter and talos. And when that happens i wont even complete wintertusk.

Delver
May 29, 2009
quintesson77 on Dec 12, 2017 wrote:
If thats the case then i think it would be best for me to do celestia before gruzzleheim and tusk. I dont do side quests. By the time i finish dragonspyre ill be like level 45. My situation is i just want shatter and talos. And when that happens i wont even complete wintertusk.
In order to get Talos you WOULD have to do Wintertusk. You have to have unlocked Sudrilund (the third area) before you would even get the quest to get Talos. Also you will be able to get your pet Humongofrog once you've reached level 58 and unlocked Nordrilund.

~SM~