Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What lvl you have to be to go to WT

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 15, 2010
What lvl you have to be to go to WT people at lvl 41 and 46 - 47 been there with the story quests so what lvl you gotta be?

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
mylesmyth wrote:
What lvl you have to be to go to WT people at lvl 41 and 46 - 47 been there with the story quests so what lvl you gotta be?

40+ on your own and to receive quests (after defeating Grizzleheim). Any level if you port to your friend.

Explorer
Mar 24, 2011
kingurz wrote:
mylesmyth wrote:

40+ on your own and to receive quests (after defeating Grizzleheim). Any level if you port to your friend.

no no no no. you dont gotta finish gh but you have to finish the quest "blood brothers" and that is NEAR one of the last quests in RAVENSCAR! you get gh at lvl 20 and you will go after that. you will most likely be lvl 35 by the time you finish gh. you think it too hard go to kt then mb then maybe ms and come back. you could be lvl 40-50. point is, some people wuss out when they get there.

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
In my experience, Wintertusk is far to difficult for a solo wizard below level 48. If a wizard below that level wants to enjoy the new content, s/he should expect to:

a) Quest with a group of reliable and skilled friends.
and/or
b) Wait until level 48 to begin the Wintertusk story line.
and/or
c) Use lots of crowns to hire henchmen.
AND
d) Carry lots of shields, heals, and damage boosts.
AND
e) Be prepared to carry his/her own weight at every turn.

I opted to quest there with another grandmaster wizard who is one of my best, and longest term, in-game friends. We have agreed to complete Wintertusk together, and to do our other quests when we are playing at different times. We are adults, so it's not difficult for us to coordinate our efforts.

LOL, my death wizard is in Vestrilund AND finishing the Necropolis in Dragonspyre at the same time. She leveled to grandmaster in Wintertusk.
It's a great alternate to the usual progression from Mooshu to Dragonspyre to Celestia. In fact, I plan to finish all of Wintertusk in tandem with Dragonspyre before I even think about Celestia.

When I do go to Celestia, I should arrive there at around level 55-56, equipped with level 55 crafted death/ice gear, ready to do some serious critical damage to those nasty sharks in the Survey Camp. I'm also optimistic that the Grotto won't be such a brutal lesson in wizard-ego, and that I won't have to accept frequent defeat by street mobs. Ah, Celestia MIGHT BE FUN from the get-go!

IMHO, Wintertusk is KI's attempt to rectify the immense learning curve Celestia presents to grandmasters, and to provide better gear than was originally made available in the Celestia release.

Whatever you do, OP, DEFINITELY quest in Wintertusk. The world is beautiful, full of great boss challenges, and generous with excellent gear drops.

Regards,

Moira Shadowmancer/qbb

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
awesomecam030 wrote:
kingurz wrote:
mylesmyth wrote:

no no no no. you dont gotta finish gh but you have to finish the quest "blood brothers" and that is NEAR one of the last quests in RAVENSCAR! you get gh at lvl 20 and you will go after that. you will most likely be lvl 35 by the time you finish gh. you think it too hard go to kt then mb then maybe ms and come back. you could be lvl 40-50. point is, some people wuss out when they get there.

That quest is the end of Grizzleheim!!! Blood Brothers IS the final quest of Grizzleheim. So yes, you have to beat Grizzleheim first, before you go to Wintertusk. You can only do that quest at level 40. There is no possible way of completing Grizzleheim at 35.

Defender
Aug 05, 2009
You need to be past level 40 and have completed the quest Blood Brother which is the final quest of Grizzleheim.