Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Unable to Claim Yard Bird?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jun 04, 2009
Hello Everyone,

Well it's finally happend, I have completed the game. The only thing left to claim is one yard bird that will not give me credit. The yard bird in question is located in Mirkholm Keep, in the cave. I have located the bird, heard the horn claiming the bird, but yet it will not remove itself from the listing. This is the last bird I need before talking to Zeke, all other yard birds have been found. So how do I get credit for this yard bird so I can claim my training point? Any suggestions from admins would be appreciated. Oh and one last thing, this is currently the case for one of my gaming partners, so I know it's just not me. Anyone else having this issue?

Hopefully to hear good news soon, Thank you

Survivor
Dec 29, 2008
I had that problem with both a yard bird and a book. You just have to keep going back to it and eventually it will let you claim it. Hope this helps!

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
if you have already claimed it it wont show up as claimed. Also there are 2 for the following: Vigrid, Savarstaad, Ravenscar and Mirkholm. and 1 for : Northguard, Helgrind Warren.

Defender
Dec 23, 2008
Somebody really ought to just put this on the Wizard101 home page, as this question comes up in just about every third post. (Ok, that's a slight exaggeration.)

There are TWO yardbirds in most of the Grizzleheim zones. In your Quest Log, the prompt for both yardbirds is identical: "Find yardbird in Mirkholm Keep", so when you find one, it looks like nothing has changed. You just need to find the other one. Off the top of my head, I don't remember where the other is, but a quick search of this forum will answer that for you.

Survivor
Jun 09, 2009
Hello Everyone

I am in search of three yard birds , 7th, 9th, and 10th. I have found one in the cave just aways from the gremlin I dont know if that is 7th bird or not. The other two I have no clue as to where to look. I had gone to a link that ohter players had maps as to the location of birds but can not seem to find it. Can anyone help me. Thank you for all of your help. Please feel free to email me at dnj1214@yahoo.com I am about to yank my hair out over these birds and would like to move on.

Thank you

Delver
May 04, 2009
I know there are "two" yardbirds in Mirkholm Keep. One is in the lower right hand cave, where you go to fight Munin.

The second one is in a very small alcove in the very middle of the cave system that Herkir is in. Look at your map and you can see a small alcove exactly between Herkir and Hyglak Shadowstalker in the middle of the picture of your map. It's near the Grendel Worthlings.

Bailey Mythfinder

Survivor
Nov 02, 2009
I have found BOTH the yardbirds in MK but could only claim one. The one in the cave is troublesome. It was there then I claimed it, did not get credit for claiming it, AND now it's not there anymore. Perhaps I am mistaking where I saw it? I recall it to have been in the cave near where I started the fire with the torch, but the fire is still lit and there is no yard bird to be found there now. If I am confusing the spot will SOMEONE PLEASE tell me??

Delver
May 04, 2009
danidaydreamer wrote:
I have found BOTH the yardbirds in MK but could only claim one. The one in the cave is troublesome. It was there then I claimed it, did not get credit for claiming it, AND now it's not there anymore. Perhaps I am mistaking where I saw it? I recall it to have been in the cave near where I started the fire with the torch, but the fire is still lit and there is no yard bird to be found there now. If I am confusing the spot will SOMEONE PLEASE tell me??

As far as I remember, you are right. There is one yardbird in the cave system where you light the torch. There are a few different caves in that system. When you enter that cave system, stay by the wall to your right and keep going until you come to the last cave on your right. The yardbird was in the very last cave. It's very small and very hard to see. But that's where it was. Good Luck!

Survivor
Dec 18, 2008
Alright i am furious... I found all of the yardbirds in gh but i cant get the last one in the ravenscar citadel! Like can any one fix this problem and btw i have been going back there evrytime i can and still havent gotten it xD

Survivor
Sep 02, 2009
Yeah don't feel bad guys. I'm at Level 50 and still can't pick up the Vigrid Yard Bird. Little guys are good at hiding, that much I'll give em!

Delver
May 04, 2009
Indigo2056 wrote:
Yeah don't feel bad guys. I'm at Level 50 and still can't pick up the Vigrid Yard Bird. Little guys are good at hiding, that much I'll give em!

There were 2 birds in Vigrid. One was in the berry patch near one of the berry trees.

The other was near Hans (the lost bear). Go behind Hans and there is a grassy path. Follow the path (it winds a lot) to the top of the hill and the bird is there.

Survivor
Sep 28, 2009
i feel bad for you so i will help you get that yardbird cause i finished that quest. my name is Joseph Stormsword. i will be in realm ambrose,area 1

Survivor
Jun 12, 2009
I can't remember how to get into Ravenscar lol. Need the bird. If anyone could help me out a little it would be nice.

Survivor
Dec 10, 2009