Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Secret boss in hall of valor

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Sep 14, 2009
55
Me and a few of my friends were working on defeating Jotun in the Hall of Valor in Nidavellir. After we beat him, one of my friends went up the staircase on the left and found a hidden boss. I think his name was Grendal Madling. I thought the secret bosses were supposed to drop good stuff. His drops were horrible. My friend thought that he was supposed to be a different boss that maybe had a name change. If it was the boss he thought it was, it was supposed to have some pretty good drops, including a zombie pet. I don't know the name of what he was supposed to be, but if you do, let me know, or if you know anything about this boss! Thank you!

-Madison Silverblade, Level 47 Pyromancer

Survivor
Jun 11, 2011
8
hitmix wrote:
Me and a few of my friends were working on defeating Jotun in the Hall of Valor in Nidavellir. After we beat him, one of my friends went up the staircase on the left and found a hidden boss. I think his name was Grendal Madling. I thought the secret bosses were supposed to drop good stuff. His drops were horrible. My friend thought that he was supposed to be a different boss that maybe had a name change. If it was the boss he thought it was, it was supposed to have some pretty good drops, including a zombie pet. I don't know the name of what he was supposed to be, but if you do, let me know, or if you know anything about this boss! Thank you!

-Madison Silverblade, Level 47 Pyromancer

uh....?

Explorer
Sep 14, 2009
55
kaitlynroxim8 wrote:
hitmix wrote:
Me and a few of my friends were working on defeating Jotun in the Hall of Valor in Nidavellir. After we beat him, one of my friends went up the staircase on the left and found a hidden boss. I think his name was Grendal Madling. I thought the secret bosses were supposed to drop good stuff. His drops were horrible. My friend thought that he was supposed to be a different boss that maybe had a name change. If it was the boss he thought it was, it was supposed to have some pretty good drops, including a zombie pet. I don't know the name of what he was supposed to be, but if you do, let me know, or if you know anything about this boss! Thank you!

-Madison Silverblade, Level 47 Pyromancer

uh....?


More to the point: Did they switch his name or not and if they did, did he ever have good drops ( including a zombie pet) or not? Hope that makes sense! :-)

-Madison Silverblade, Level 46 Pyromancer

Defender
Jan 09, 2011
124
the zombie pet is a drop from the death guy that looks like jotun and is colored black

Explorer
Nov 17, 2009
90
hitmix wrote:
Me and a few of my friends were working on defeating Jotun in the Hall of Valor in Nidavellir. After we beat him, one of my friends went up the staircase on the left and found a hidden boss. I think his name was Grendal Madling. I thought the secret bosses were supposed to drop good stuff. His drops were horrible. My friend thought that he was supposed to be a different boss that maybe had a name change. If it was the boss he thought it was, it was supposed to have some pretty good drops, including a zombie pet. I don't know the name of what he was supposed to be, but if you do, let me know, or if you know anything about this boss! Thank you!

-Madison Silverblade, Level 47 Pyromancer


dude, grendel madlings are minions. the guy who is a secret boss is named yokar. btw, here is another secret boss. he is at the beginning, the runed devestator

Defender
Aug 05, 2009
122
Defender
Jun 14, 2010
152
A grendel Madling is a regular enemy, not a boss. And the stuff in the hall of valor is awesome for a level 40, but a level 47 would find it to be overrated next to Dragonspyre gear. I don't remember the name of the boss, but it is true that he drops a zombie pet, and I believe he also drops a death troll. I have both, and I know they were both found in Nidavellir, but I'm not sure about death troll.

Explorer
Sep 14, 2009
55
Mimzkat101 wrote:
A grendel Madling is a regular enemy, not a boss. And the stuff in the hall of valor is awesome for a level 40, but a level 47 would find it to be overrated next to Dragonspyre gear. I don't remember the name of the boss, but it is true that he drops a zombie pet, and I believe he also drops a death troll. I have both, and I know they were both found in Nidavellir, but I'm not sure about death troll.


It said above his head he was a boss, but what you said is what I thought.

-The Silverblades

Mastermind
Nov 04, 2010
337
tomtom500 wrote:
The zombie pet is dropped from Ullik in Hall of Valor.
Its dropped from Yokar OR the grendal madling BOSS in HALL OF VALOR.

Mastermind
Nov 04, 2010
337
hitmix wrote:
Mimzkat101 wrote:
A grendel Madling is a regular enemy, not a boss. And the stuff in the hall of valor is awesome for a level 40, but a level 47 would find it to be overrated next to Dragonspyre gear. I don't remember the name of the boss, but it is true that he drops a zombie pet, and I believe he also drops a death troll. I have both, and I know they were both found in Nidavellir, but I'm not sure about death troll.


It said above his head he was a boss, but what you said is what I thought.

-The Silverblades
Life Bat is dropped from Grettir