Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Scarl Doomhowler-Weapons cache

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 08, 2009
I killed Scarl Dommhowler TWICE. Got the key. but cannot use the weapons cache! Any ideas anyone? :(

Survivor
Dec 22, 2008
truthwalker wrote:
I killed Scarl Dommhowler TWICE. Got the key. but cannot use the weapons cache! Any ideas anyone? :(

its a bug. and everyone has the same problem . THEY NEED TO FIX IT!

Survivor
Jun 05, 2009
Defender
Sep 22, 2008
truthwalker wrote:
go to dworgyn realm and use the cache it works there, I swear.

Survivor
Oct 17, 2008
Sorry nope, i have now killed him about 6 or 7 times, have never seen a message about getting a key, and like you cant use the weapons cashe to the left of the compond, and cant find any other cashe to use.

Survivor
Oct 17, 2008
:D ok on the tenth time of trying and my second time solo it finally worked,

I didnt get a message saying that i had a key, but when i ran over to the Cashe at a slight angle rather than streight on or from the side, i suddenly got the X dialog box pop up and i could continue on with the quests.

I dont know if you have to be in exactly the right point going in the right angle, or if you dont always get the key and never get a message or what, but there does seem to be some sort of bug with this task.

But it does eventually work

Survivor
May 21, 2009
skbronco6 wrote:
truthwalker wrote:

I had the same problem and I tried to go to Dworgyn realm and it did not work for me. I did however go to Sunbird realm and then it did work for me. So some people might wanna try to change realms and see if that helps.

Explorer
Mar 14, 2009
skbronco6 wrote:
truthwalker wrote:

it depends on what school you are since it worked for you in dworgyn that means your death. try every realm that realates to your school

Defender
Jan 07, 2009
jayded wrote:
skbronco6 wrote:
truthwalker wrote:

I had the same problem and I tried to go to Dworgyn realm and it did not work for me. I did however go to Sunbird realm and then it did work for me. So some people might wanna try to change realms and see if that helps.

If you had to change realms make sure you report it as a bug, and include which realm you were in. Half of the reports are not complete so they can't figure out what is going on. Tell them EVERYTHING they need to know including time of day, if the realm was full or perfect or something else.
It's very difficult to defend a company that doesn't have live people to talk to when you have a problem.

Survivor
May 13, 2009
yea me too i cant activate it i have tried tenth different realms

Survivor
Sep 05, 2008
my friend and I are having the same problem. have tried different realms and fighting the guy over and over with no luck

Survivor
May 23, 2009
Whiterose2 wrote:
jayded wrote:
skbronco6 wrote:
truthwalker wrote:

If you had to change realms make sure you report it as a bug, and include which realm you were in. Half of the reports are not complete so they can't figure out what is going on. Tell them EVERYTHING they need to know including time of day, if the realm was full or perfect or something else.
It's very difficult to defend a company that doesn't have live people to talk to when you have a problem.

Thank you! Dworgyn worked perfectly!

Survivor
Jan 17, 2009
i also had the same problem. i just kept switching realms until i finally got it. but yea, KI needs to fix that bug.

Defender
Jan 07, 2009
megantler wrote:
skbronco6 wrote:
truthwalker wrote:

it depends on what school you are since it worked for you in dworgyn that means your death. try every realm that realates to your school

I REALLY want to hear the reasoning behind that answer.
What school you are has zero, nothing, nada, zip to do with the game working correctly in one realm and not in another. Realm is an address on a server it doesn't take into account what school you are. Most of the time I play in grayrose, and guess what I'm not on my ice girl. So your logic is VERY flawed.

Explorer
Feb 11, 2009
the world "deigo" was teh only one that i got the quest and the quests following it to work. Apparently these worlds arent mirrors and there in some missing code.

Explorer
Mar 14, 2009
Whiterose2 wrote:
megantler wrote:
skbronco6 wrote:
truthwalker wrote:

I REALLY want to hear the reasoning behind that answer.
What school you are has zero, nothing, nada, zip to do with the game working correctly in one realm and not in another. Realm is an address on a server it doesn't take into account what school you are. Most of the time I play in grayrose, and guess what I'm not on my ice girl. So your logic is VERY flawed.
no it isnt i said to try every realm thats realated to your school it worked for me in kelvin because i'm an ice student

Survivor
Jun 06, 2009
Go to Frostholm, to the left there is a cave with weapons cache in it you use the first time you're here.
Use it before talking to anyone in frostholm

Hope this helps.

Survivor
Feb 21, 2009
I was also unable to perform this quest until changing over to the Balestrom realm. My wizard at the time was Storm :D

Survivor
Jul 29, 2008
Explorer
Mar 27, 2009
chinchillaman wrote:
truthwalker wrote:

its a bug. and everyone has the same problem . THEY NEED TO FIX IT!
Yeah, I didn't see the weapon cache thingy on there, so it's not a bug if you think it isn't. Like the time I thought that boss on the last test was when he used that thing that increases storm power and then all of a sudden attack, they got us in a matter of seconds, it was the most impossible fight! I was so embarssed to learn it wasn't a big, bad, mean bug.

Survivor
Apr 25, 2009
truthwalker wrote:

ya i'm in the same place. it must be a bug, its bound to happen with new programing.

Survivor
Jun 05, 2009
IT WORKS! I switched realms. Because I am Pyromancer (FIRE), I tried "Bernie". The population said PERFECT. I went into the area, and ran directly to the cache. I even noticed that Scarl was still there, even though I had beaten him hours ago. It prompted me to hit X, like it is supposed to and I am back to questing. Thanks, Megantler. Be safe. See you around the Spiral.

(The Mighty) Quinn.

Survivor
Feb 22, 2009
Hi i has same problem and they need to fix this but only realm it worked in for me was banshee
Adam duskshade

Survivor
Oct 03, 2008
go in the instance frostholm where you fight the red claw and use the weapons cache there i am glad i helped

Survivor
Oct 03, 2008
have you tried to use the weapon cache in frostholm where you battle the red claw