Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Krok or Grizzleheim

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 18, 2013
Ok, so currently I've been playing quests in Krok, but I just leveled up to the big 20 and now Grizzleheim is unlocked. Which one should I do first? I've been steering towards Grizzleheim a little more because I feel like it could level me up some more so Krok is just a walk in the park.. But should I?

S.W. Adept 20
A fizzle is just another chance for improvement.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
xXTheFlamingGuruXx on Dec 15, 2013 wrote:
Ok, so currently I've been playing quests in Krok, but I just leveled up to the big 20 and now Grizzleheim is unlocked. Which one should I do first? I've been steering towards Grizzleheim a little more because I feel like it could level me up some more so Krok is just a walk in the park.. But should I?

S.W. Adept 20
A fizzle is just another chance for improvement.
Grizzleheim should be fit into regular world questing. At level 20 the questing there is a little more difficult then what you deal with in Krock land. You gain very little experience questing in GH but make up for it when you finish it and enter Wintertusk. You must complete it to get the spare spells, regular school spells and pets. It is optional but if you want any of that it's not.

Advantages to completing GH out weigh the experience lost. I usually start GH around level 25 or so, I go between the regular world I am questing in and that to try to get it all completed by lvl 45-50. You can not enter Ravenscar to level 40. The Jotun fight can be a stopper with out help and even completing the brothers separately can be a pain.

Being able to pick up extra experience in Wintertusk for Celestia is handy. I craft the helmet and robe from Wintertusk for all my wizards, it's almost a good as Waterworks gear and you can equip it at level 56 another plus for help in Celestia too.
Mary

Survivor
Aug 09, 2013
Dear Northlite,

I would suggest that you first complete Krokotopia before you start really working on Grizzleheim. The main reason I did this is that you get a lot of exp. from battling Krokopatra, etc. Of course, it's your choice, so if you really like Grizzleheim, continue with the quests there. Krokotopia quests can be completed when you find a quest in Grizzleheim that's much too hard, or that is impossible to do at your level. Grizzleheim also ends after a while, so that you can do the Wysteria quests, yet the quests come back. To sum it up, it's your choice, yet Krokotopia can get you a lot of experience and it's good for when you have difficult quests in Grizzleheim.

Amber SpiritShade Magus Pyromancer

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
sball321 on Dec 28, 2013 wrote:
Dear Northlite,

I would suggest that you first complete Krokotopia before you start really working on Grizzleheim. The main reason I did this is that you get a lot of exp. from battling Krokopatra, etc. Of course, it's your choice, so if you really like Grizzleheim, continue with the quests there. Krokotopia quests can be completed when you find a quest in Grizzleheim that's much too hard, or that is impossible to do at your level. Grizzleheim also ends after a while, so that you can do the Wysteria quests, yet the quests come back. To sum it up, it's your choice, yet Krokotopia can get you a lot of experience and it's good for when you have difficult quests in Grizzleheim.

northlite said to do Krok first.

To the OP... stay with Krok. The XP in Grizzleheim is extremely low. You will not level up faster there at all. I usually wait until at least level 30 to bother with GH.

Survivor
Aug 09, 2013
sball321 on Dec 28, 2013 wrote:
Dear Northlite,

In addition, just when I was your level and I was steering towards the new and amazing Grizzleheim, thinking that Krokotopia was too easy, I hit the Temple of Storms! I don't remember much, but the final dungeon is there is hard! You have to battle a lot of creatures, medium or easy hardness (you battle the creatures while in the dungeon, and I don't think you can port back for more health/mana) until you reach Krokopatra. She has 1200 health, I'm not sure about her minion, yet that is a really hard quest! I did it with three other wizards (most at a higher level than me at the time) so it seemed moderately difficult. Yet if you are able to proceed with this difficult quest, you will gain so much xp and then you can focus on Grizzleheim.

Survivor
Sep 09, 2013