Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I tried, but i still don't understand Nidavel

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 28, 2013
Hello,

Please someone help. I tried to look up this info. I keep getting bits and pieces. I would like to know,
BESIDES FROM THE JUTON QUEST, Which I have already finished. Is there a definitive quest to complete all three area's in NIDAVELLIR? Or is it just the Juton quest? Because what gets me confused is the fact that when you get the Juton Quest, You don't have to even enter Helgrind Warren, or Winterdeep Warren. Or at least that's the way I remember it. Is there something I did wrong? I know I can enter these areas, but there is no quest to do so. Is this the way it is set up? just to wander around and battle? Like I said I already Defeated Juton. Please, someone shed some light on this.

Mark Dragonleaf L50 Storm

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
stormkraker on Sep 27, 2013 wrote:
Hello,

Please someone help. I tried to look up this info. I keep getting bits and pieces. I would like to know,
BESIDES FROM THE JUTON QUEST, Which I have already finished. Is there a definitive quest to complete all three area's in NIDAVELLIR? Or is it just the Juton quest? Because what gets me confused is the fact that when you get the Juton Quest, You don't have to even enter Helgrind Warren, or Winterdeep Warren. Or at least that's the way I remember it. Is there something I did wrong? I know I can enter these areas, but there is no quest to do so. Is this the way it is set up? just to wander around and battle? Like I said I already Defeated Juton. Please, someone shed some light on this.

I had posted this reply a few times about how I did Nidavellir:

I found it easier to do Nidavellir in three parts: Helgrind Warren, Winterdeep Warren, then the Hall of Valor. That way, I eliminated two of his brothers in the first two areas. So there was only Jotun and one of his helpers left. That made it much easier.

This link gives details on the three areas, and it has a good map for Winterdeep Warren that will help you avoid extra battles in that area. Don't forget to pick up the "book" in there too. Before you go "up the ramp" at the end to get Grettir, turn left and the book is in that area.

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showpost.php?p=137877&postcount=6

Also, the yardbird in in Helgrind Warren area, in the Storm Room. The map on the link above has a picture of the yardbird to help you find it.

Good Luck.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To answer your question -- there is no definitive quest to do the first two areas (Helgrind Warren, and Winterdeep Warren). But you do have to enter those areas if you want to pick up the "book" and the "yardbird". Other than that, those areas are not required, and they do not have a specific quest attached to them.

Hope this helped.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
stormkraker on Sep 27, 2013 wrote:
Hello,

There is no quest that sends you directly to these areas, however, most people do not tackle Jotun and his brothers together, so do the other dungeons first. When you do those and defeat his brothers, you only have Jotun and the minion which makes it much easier. In theory.

Defender
Jun 28, 2013
Aluramist2, Ravenlady777, Thank You both

You finally answered my question. This information was very useful. Now I know that I don't have to search for another Quest for these to other parts. I do in fact have the two quests for the Yard bird's and the books. Also, the part about how to defeat Juton. As a matter of fact, I fought Juton with all three helpers, and I found the battle extremely Challenging. I actually think I would rather Battle him with all of his Minions/brothers. I like a challenge.

Again, Thank You
Mark Dawndust L36 Balance