Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I finally defeated Jotun in Nidavellir!

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Sep 27, 2014
A bit of background:
Our account is Menu Chat only because my son is 9. Probably when he's older we'll open up his options, but I don't think that will happen any time soon regardless, since he's behind on his reading skills.

It has, however, slowed my wizard's progress, as menu-chat-only has hampered my ability to gather players for some of the more difficult (yet not particularly popular) dungeons. It is very, VERY rare for anyone to be waiting in Team Up! mode for any of the Nidavellir dungeons. Of the two times someone DID team up with me for Grettir / Winterdeep, once I was abandoned, and the other time I think the other player lost his connection and didn't get it back.

I *finally* got through Grettir / Winterdeep and then Jotun simply by leveling up enough to get through them on my own (barely!). In order to do so, I had to
(a) beat Malistaire (plenty of people teaming up there! ) thus giving me access to Celestia,
(b) get to level 54 to learn "Giant" from the Sun School (though "Strong" might have been enough, I was 54 when I beat Malistaire regardless),
(c) equip my Enchanted Armament pet (who, at Ancient, gives me two sharpened blades which allows me to stack further), and
(d) spend plenty of gold to stock up on Feint and Vengeance. Grettir, not too surprisingly, ended up being more difficult than Jotun himself. In fact, Vengeance is the only reason I managed to hold my own against Grettir, as I lucked out when I went critical on a healing spell just in time.

Now I'm just wondering what I should do next - finish out the Dragonspyre side quests, Celestia, or Ravenscar. I actually have choices now!

Seth DeathBreath, lvl54