Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How to defeat Jotun

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 03, 2011
Hi guys! So I've just got the Jotun quest and I can't even get to him? The door is blocked and I'm extremely confused. I need help, so please if you know how it works inform me. I need help! If you can't comment here or something my character's name is Caitlin Stormwhisper so please help! Thanks! xx

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Caitlin Stormwhisp... on Apr 20, 2014 wrote:
Hi guys! So I've just got the Jotun quest and I can't even get to him? The door is blocked and I'm extremely confused. I need help, so please if you know how it works inform me. I need help! If you can't comment here or something my character's name is Caitlin Stormwhisper so please help! Thanks! xx
Jotun has two brothers... both of which should be defeated first:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Creature:Ullik

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Creature:Grettir

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Creature:Jotun

This is a long process but if you just do one dungeon at a time, it doesn't have to be done all in one day. :)

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
It has been a while since I did this, but I seem to remember that this quest is still level-limited. Look again at your quest log -- it may tell you that you have to be a certain level to complete it. That may be why the door is not open. But I am not sure about this -- as I said it has been a while since I last did this instance.

I do know that if you try it at the lowest level possible, it is still a real challenge to beat Jotun. You can do it the way RavenLady777 suggests, by doing the other two dungeons with his brothers first, and that lowers the total number of bosses in the Jotun fight. Or, alternatively, you can get several friends, or one who is a high-level tank, and do the dungeon that way. Good luck!

Survivor
Jul 06, 2010
Thank you!!!!! I have battled them 21 times now!!! [month]
I thinks it mean how them make them Stronger then an bosses we fight!
Do you think they went overboard?
I don't know how to help But this...
Bring Friends!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ok that is all I have!!!
to Jotun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. I like .

-Wolf OwlStone-

Survivor
Jan 23, 2011
It's quite simple really, the door will always be blocked. The only way to go in is to go around in another way. Go to your left(if you're facing the door) there will be another way to go that will lead you into the path of other opponents. Just avoid them, and go through the next doorways you see and it will lead you around. You'll know because you'll be on the other side of the doorway you were just trying to get through! But please defeat the other brothers first or else it will be nearly impossible. As you can see there are other dungeons to your left and right before entering the one you are told to enter. Sorry I know some of this may sound really confusing.
Megan Stormmask lvl. 46

Defender
Mar 13, 2014
Jotun does seem really hard. All the encounters in Nidavellir have at least three opponents, and are tough to beat solo. However, if you are careful not to let any one instance close, any creature you defeat doesn't come back, so you can tackle the 3 on 1 fights by just concentrating on picking off one minion, then if you get defeated come back and you only have 2 creatures to fight. There are three instances, one for Jotun (the Hall of Valor) and one for each of his brothers. Winterdeep Warren and the Hall of Valor are both mazelike dungeons where you can avoid fighting most of the creatures if you are careful maneuvering around them. Helgrind Warren is a real pain, there are 6 preliminary encounters you must fight through before you can fight Jotun's brother Ullik. Be sure you collect any history runestones or yardbirds you need on the first pass through, it's really aggravating to have to visit Nidavellir a second time to complete those quests. The yardbird is in the storm room of Helgrind dungeon; there are two history runestones, one near the end of the Winterdeep Warren maze and one near Jotun in the Hall of Valor.

Survivor
Aug 06, 2011
When you get in there you need to take a right then you'll see a door way and that will get you there but anyways you have to face 4 bad guys and one has 9,000 power and two have 6,000 power so i wouldn't go there yet.