Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How to beat Jotun at Grizzleheim?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 12, 2009
3
Hi everyone!
I'm frustrated that I could not stand with four of them with higher level of their health!! I still cannot find anyone to help me to defeat them! Can anyone join me?? I'm Daniel Soulsword. I haven't gotten to beat them for a long time!! :? Plz add me!! Thanks!

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
1309
Do not go straight to Jotun. There is two other dungeons there--one on each side of the Hall of Valor. The bosses of these dungeons are the brothers. If you complete these dungeons and then enter Jotun's dungeon he will be without his brothers. You can even do these dungeons on separate days. There is one stipulation that i am aware of. You cannot enter Jotun's dungeon with someone who has not completed the other two dungeons. If you do, then his brothers will be there. A person that did not complete the other two dungeons can PORT in with no repercussions they just cannot enter using the sigils.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 50 Life

Survivor
May 22, 2008
5
I assisted my friend with this quest, and he is a Level 48 Ice Wizard, and I was just a level 39 Death Wizard.

It's not difficult at all, it just takes a little bit of team work. You want to kill the one that has the opposite class of you.

If you're Death, go after Life.

.. and so on.

Survivor
Jan 01, 2010
17
Restricted wrote:
I assisted my friend with this quest, and he is a Level 48 Ice Wizard, and I was just a level 39 Death Wizard.

It's not difficult at all, it just takes a little bit of team work. You want to kill the one that has the opposite class of you.

If you're Death, go after Life.

.. and so on.

yes that is a total agree there but i dont see how you did it with only TWO people its crazy you must be like amazingly strong. i wen threw there with a 40 storm 50 death 45 life and ME a lvl 25 ice and it took 3 HOURS to kill JUST JOTUN

Survivor
Aug 29, 2009
5
we did it with 3 wizards and since I didn't have this quest we had to defeat Jotun and his brothers. It helps if one of the wizards is a life wizard with a deck packed with healing spells.

Survivor
May 01, 2010
40
ardragon wrote:
Restricted wrote:
I assisted my friend with this quest, and he is a Level 48 Ice Wizard, and I was just a level 39 Death Wizard.

It's not difficult at all, it just takes a little bit of team work. You want to kill the one that has the opposite class of you.

If you're Death, go after Life.

.. and so on.

yes that is a total agree there but i dont see how you did it with only TWO people its crazy you must be like amazingly strong. i wen threw there with a 40 storm 50 death 45 life and ME a lvl 25 ice and it took 3 HOURS to kill JUST JOTUN


This is a perfect example of how difficult this game can be when people don't work as a team. There is NO battle in the game that should take 3 hours! I can walk in with my Storm and Balance Grands and beat Jotun and his crew in 15 minutes or so. (That's 2 wizards!)

However, I have fought with people who don't understand teamwork, and it makes the battle hard. There isn't a single strategy which will overcome Jotun - indeed, there are many different ways to handle the fight. However, everyone MUST work together! Generally speaking, you'll need a person to shield and heal, and a heavy hitter to do the damage. Things start falling apart when every person is trying to get a hit in as soon as possible. In a big battle, patience is the key. Get all the traps and blades on before hitting the enemy. Make every attack count! And remember, as a low-level wizard in a battle of epic proportions, your job is NOT to hit the bosses! You should be supporting the other players with blades, shields and healing.

Survivor
Feb 20, 2010
1
celticlan wrote:
Hi everyone!
I'm frustrated that I could not stand with four of them with higher level of their health!! I still cannot find anyone to help me to defeat them! Can anyone join me?? I'm Daniel Soulsword. I haven't gotten to beat them for a long time!! :? Plz add me!! Thanks!
ill be your friend meat me in wu in the server wu right outside the hall of valor im a level 47 and my name is nathan skull staff

Survivor
Jun 29, 2009
12
shaggyzon2 wrote:

However, I have fought with people who don't understand teamwork, and it makes the battle hard. There isn't a single strategy which will overcome Jotun - indeed, there are many different ways to handle the fight. However, everyone MUST work together! Generally speaking, you'll need a person to shield and heal, and a heavy hitter to do the damage. Things start falling apart when every person is trying to get a hit in as soon as possible. In a big battle, patience is the key. Get all the traps and blades on before hitting the enemy. Make every attack count! And remember, as a low-level wizard in a battle of epic proportions, your job is NOT to hit the bosses! You should be supporting the other players with blades, shields and healing.


THIS!

nothing more annoying than having someone ask for help on a boss and then not understand how to use their cards AND teamwork resulting in death or just a waste of time. If you're lucky enough to have a high level Life wizard with you, this fight is a cake walk. Rebrith is your friend. :D I took him & his brothers on with a Life, Ice, Fire & Storm and it was no problem at all. The Life keeps you guys healthy and the other three benefit each other using Elemental Blades & Traps. Took out Grettir first(Life) Then Ullik(Death) and the guard next. After that, Jotun 4v1 doesnt take long. Just remember to use storm & tower shields and you're good to go. Oh yeah, Storms...make sure you have prisms in your deck.

Survivor
May 17, 2010
3
Just go with friends. It is more fun to fight all the bosses together. Last night I fought them with a level 48 life, a level 34 storm, a level 34 fire and myself (39 life). Honestly it was pretty easy. The life wizards kept everyone healthy and focused attacks on the death brother (quickly dispatched). We used a lot of traps, blades and darkstorm to boost the storm and fire attacks. Primarily used multi-attack spells, meteor strike and tempest (with so many pips it did HUGE damage and use a coversion spell to change from storm - this was the key spell), plus an occasional phoenix. No one ever got below 400 health and we all spent most of the battle with over 50% of their health intact. Did not even have to use Reshuffle but the storm wizard got close to running out of cards. I got 159 XP for the battle.

Frankily, I really think the all the high level bosses need to be stronger and smarter. A good team can always beat them pretty easily.