Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Help Please

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 28, 2016
Hello! My name is Destiny Willowbloom of Wizard City. Sadly I've been having some issues defeating a side quest boss named Skabrok. Even though I am a level 59 wizard ,it seems my spells aren't strong enough to surpass him and his minion. I've also tried adding spells to my deck considering the boss is , but to no avail . I've been trying to defeat this boss for about 2 weeks now and it is really getting on my nerves. Do you have any suggestions for getting passed him besides leveling up or getting new spell because i have tried both already. I also have gone to the bazaar many a times to upgrade my gear which has helped me slightly.
Thank you for taking the time to ready my comment and I hope to hear from you soon.
Sincerely,
Destiny Willowbloom

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
It's been a long time since I battled Skabrok, but I do recall he can hit pretty hard. And often.

So.

Shield yourself using Elemental shields ASAP and then take out that minion first. You're level 59, so do you have Ra? Use it!

Shield. Blade. Hex (the minion). Hit.

Heal.

As soon as the minion is dead, heal yourself, and try to keep your health above 1500 for the rest of the battle.

Keep some shields handy to protect yourself while you're charging pips. I'd suggest a full-powered Judgement with every blade and trap you have, plus a Feint. You can buy treasure card versions of Feint in the Bazaar, or at the Wizard City Library.

Shield. Blade. Bladestorm. Hex. Shield. Feint. Hit (when you have 10-14 pips).

If you're really struggling, buying a Life henchman can help turn the battle around. Just get the level 50 Life one, he only costs 50 Crowns and can heal you enough to get you back on your feet after the minion is gone. You can earn 50 Crowns within a couple of weeks by doing Daily assignments and watching videos every day.

Alia Misthaven

PS: Feint is an incredibly helpful spell for us Balance wizards. If you haven't trained in Death up to Feint, you really should consider doing so. It more than doubles the damage we can do, and it helps us set other people up for big hits when we're playing on teams.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
I don't know your thoughts on team-ups, but my strategy has always been three failed attempts at soloing means it's time for a team-up

Steven Ghoststalker