Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Grizzleheim or Fizzleheim?

1
AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 22, 2008
8
Did KI change the way fizzle rates are calculated? Is it just me or have I have noticed a DRAMATIC increase in fizzles when battling in GH?

Survivor
Apr 17, 2009
15
Well. IDK what's wrong with it, but I'm experiencing the same thing. along with the troubled warriors and grendals living after being defeated. I can only get my 100% spells out and a few of the other ones. IDK Whats up, but I hope KI will fix it! :D

Courtney StarHeart LVL 21 Balance/Myth

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2009
320
i've noticed it too, and i'm not happy with this. i'm stuck on skellek because of the ourageous fizzle rate.

Survivor
Mar 13, 2009
17
I haven't had a problem with the fizzle rate but with enemies being defeated then not dying.... :?

Defender
May 08, 2009
167
As a storm wizard, i have noticed fizzle rates have gone up by a lot

Survivor
Sep 26, 2008
5
I defeated a wolf(bear?) in Frostholm. He fell down dead, then got back up!

Hero
May 19, 2009
791
i have noticed a higher fizzle rate but it seems to only apply to everyones 7 pip spells

Survivor
Jun 06, 2009
3
Pixie318 wrote:
I defeated a wolf(bear?) in Frostholm. He fell down dead, then got back up!
I've had this trouble too(not with the same wolf bear thing but with imps.) I've had a spell that i know will defeat them, but after its done they still have one maybe two life points left.

Survivor
Jun 23, 2009
34
The fizzle rate has killed me way too many times. I didn't fizzle this much since I was in Wizard City. I think they have different fizzle rates for different worlds.

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
889
Well are some of you fire and storm wizards? Well, they have low fizzle chance so they fizzle more often. But i havent really fizzled anymore than i do already.


Kestrel Ghostwalker~ lvl 44(pretty much) master sorcerer


P.s these are the % of fizzle chance for all schools:

Life: 90% (highest chance of not fizzling)
Balance: 85%
Myth: 85%
Death: either 80 or 85%
Ice: 80%
fire: 75%
storm: 70% (lowest chance of not fizzling)

Survivor
Dec 31, 2008
29
Swim2sea wrote:
The fizzle rate has killed me way too many times. I didn't fizzle this much since I was in Wizard City. I think they have different fizzle rates for different worlds.


Actually, I dissagree with you all 8) Yes i am (dramatic music plays) THE DISSAGREER PERSON OH MAN THATS NO SPELLED RIGHT....

um...forget that last sentence anyway the grizzleheim world is still technically "new" with tunnels plus the new speaker woman voice (but i HATE her voice!). I didn't notice really anything different in the fizzle chance OR the monsters dying then returning back to life. It can be like a bug in the game or your computers :?

Well I guess my post was really useless but i hoped that help you people in any sort of a weird way that i can't identify...

~Blaze DragonFlame, Level 45 Pyromancer in DS

PS: Yo Otys!!! Weird..I always see you in the posts i read or either comment on..oh well

Explorer
Jun 19, 2009
56
I seem to fizzle on Fire dragon, Helephant, Stormzilla, Kraken 4 of them i used and all of them fizzled When I had gotten caught in a battle in Grizzleheim, Mirkholm keep trying to show my friend a yardbird since i got them all already


Travis Smith Lvl 49, Ravenscar, Pyromancer | David Deathblade Lvl 31, Royal Museum, Necromancer | Cody Pants Lvl 13, Palace of Fire, Myth

Explorer
Jul 29, 2009
75
Hey, I haven't had the fizzle problems but I have dealt with the "living dead" per say but I think i can also explain what is wrong with it. I've have done a little experimenting and I think what happens is that the monster, if not attacked at least every other turn slowly starts to gain health back each turn afterwards(very little, any where from 1-15 it seems[except for bosses]). I'm not 100% sure but I do think this is the case.

Hope This Helps,
Matthew BOOMSpear
lvl 32 Pyro

Survivor
Dec 22, 2008
2
Gator1245 wrote:
Pixie318 wrote:
I defeated a wolf(bear?) in Frostholm. He fell down dead, then got back up!
I've had this trouble too(not with the same wolf bear thing but with imps.) I've had a spell that i know will defeat them, but after its done they still have one maybe two life points left.


Its bc like if he has 500 lifes and you use spell and it takes away 500 lifes the bear can still be alive and wait till it recovers.




Richard Frostsmith,lvl 39 Magus Thaumaturge.

Survivor
Apr 04, 2009
17
Loganfly wrote:
I haven't had a problem with the fizzle rate but with enemies being defeated then not dying.... :?
yeah, me too!

Survivor
Apr 04, 2009
17
frostdragoness12 wrote:
Loganfly wrote:
I haven't had a problem with the fizzle rate but with enemies being defeated then not dying.... :?
yeah, me too!

to quote myself, yes this is weird.
Once I defeated skellek, tho, it went away
(cause im level 24 now, just became it)

Explorer
May 22, 2009
54
Darkhole54321 wrote:
As a storm wizard, i have noticed fizzle rates have gone up by a lot
I'm a fire wizard and some of my most powerful spells at 90% missed alot! Thats why I tottally stopped Grizzleheim and I'm just gonna do Mooshu first.....this way I get more powerful and "Fizzleheim" will be less hard later on. 8)

Survivor
Nov 11, 2009
2
I am a level 24 Life wizard named jacob lifegem and i only casted about 6 of the 15 spells i had to cast in combat I had tryed to cast. So i think this is Fizzlehime and not grizzlehime.

Survivor
Oct 23, 2009
18
DigitalPagan wrote:
Did KI change the way fizzle rates are calculated? Is it just me or have I have noticed a DRAMATIC increase in fizzles when battling in GH?
same here a 70% acuracy rate spell seems to have a 40% acuracy rate in "fizzlehiem" KI fix this!

Survivor
Jan 18, 2010
4
MILANUP1 wrote:
I seem to fizzle on Fire dragon, Helephant, Stormzilla, Kraken 4 of them i used and all of them fizzled When I had gotten caught in a battle in Grizzleheim, Mirkholm keep trying to show my friend a yardbird since i got them all already


Travis Smith Lvl 49, Ravenscar, Pyromancer | David Deathblade Lvl 31, Royal Museum, Necromancer | Cody Pants Lvl 13, Palace of Fire, Myth


I am only level 25: but i have had alot of problems getting caught in the X on the front of the dungeon and it seems to stay there and i have to close out and start again..this sucks when i have gotten extra mana and health that expires in 30 minutes and can't fight cause i lose all i just bought...UGH!!! I have been fighting and fighting with this but is it a PC problem.....or a program problem??????????????
Any help would be greatly helpfull!! Thanks...................:) :)

Delver
Feb 15, 2009
280
My spells never FIZZLES !

Muhahahahah

-Sean Unicornleaf Adept Sorcerer, Krok Thrasher, Level 20

Survivor
Nov 12, 2009
13
I only beat shellek because of my minion all my fire spells fizzled from yours trully Jack RedSword level 22 [Adept] Badge:Wizard City Protecter

Survivor
Dec 17, 2008
3
I have been having all the problems everone has posted. Alot of glitches have happen to me like one time a person had 27 life left and hitted him with a flash (50) and he still had 27 life.

Survivor
Jan 08, 2009
38
1. Love your title, very catchy

2. Oh my gosh. I KNEW THERE WAS SOMETHING WRONG!
I kept fizzling, and I'm life... Hmm. Fizzleheim is right.

Mastermind
Jun 07, 2010
335
I did notice a Huge increase of FIZZLES more then usual, and usual is extremely bad on my Storm Wizard. So now in FIZZLEheim I basicly am a pip collector, Cause nothing works most of the time even if an accurcy buff is up. I even Fizzed a few times casting a lowered attack shield buff on NPC. The kicker is, it wasn't even a Storm spell it was a Balance spell.

1