Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Grizzleheim has low exp points

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 06, 2009
8
I just wanted to know why all the quests in grizzleheim have a reward of such low experience? I usually dont do the quests there because of this

Administrator
Grizzleheim may be experienced at different levels of game play and does not progress the same way as other worlds on the Spiral. Instead, Grizzleheim is a parallel world and a place where players return at various levels of experience.

There are areas of Grizzleheim that are on par with the level of challenge and experience of each of the other worlds of the Spiral. You will experience Wizard City level encounters at the beginning of Grizzleheim, and as you progress the encounters will increase in difficulty just as they did when you traveled through the other worlds of the Spiral.


community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Mar 22, 2009
4
The problem, dear Professor, is that while there are quests for higher level characters, the experience received is not commensurate with the effort. 540 quest experience for battling Jotun and all of the related minions in Nidavellir is absurd.

If you're going to have a Big Bad with 9000 health as the final battle, after fighting other Bosses with comparable health, reward appropriately. Things being out of balance like this take the fun out of the game.

ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
Grizzleheim may be experienced at different levels of game play and does not progress the same way as other worlds on the Spiral. Instead, Grizzleheim is a parallel world and a place where players return at various levels of experience.

There are areas of Grizzleheim that are on par with the level of challenge and experience of each of the other worlds of the Spiral. You will experience Wizard City level encounters at the beginning of Grizzleheim, and as you progress the encounters will increase in difficulty just as they did when you traveled through the other worlds of the Spiral.

Squire
Jul 08, 2009
592
Like greyrose kinda said, grizzleheim is not a main world to level up in like marleybone, mooshu, dragonspyre etc. It is kinda (TO ME not to everyone) a world to kill some time in to you make some money and stuff.

Survivor
Mar 22, 2009
4
I disagree. If the intent is to have you return to Grizzleheim as you advance in levels, then I would expect the quest experience to advance as well. A "level 20" quest should have "level 20" experience (i.e. Marleybone), similarly for a "level 40" quest like Jotun (his stats are comparable to the Jade Oni, so one would think his quest experience would be comparable - especially considering you have to trim the other two bosses off in the side dungeons).

I haven't completed Ravenscar yet, but I'm not seeing the experience rewards go up here either. This is an old character, so I'm coming to Grizzleheim out of sequence, as it were, but still...

FlipFredFredBurger wrote:
Like greyrose kinda said, grizzleheim is not a main world to level up in like marleybone, mooshu, dragonspyre etc. It is kinda (TO ME not to everyone) a world to kill some time in to you make some money and stuff.

Survivor
Feb 10, 2010
22
I agree with Azimoth! I have completed MarleyBone and Mooshu worlds before going into Grizzleheim and I am very dissapointed with Grizzleheim! The creatures are hard to beat and the experience points are really to laugh at compared to the other worlds! Why work so hard for so little? And the world itself is not much fun!

Defender
Aug 02, 2008
176
If the intent is to have you return to Grizzleheim as you advance in levels, then I would expect the quest experience to advance as well. A "level 20" quest should have "level 20" experience (i.e. Marleybone), similarly for a "level 40" quest like Jotun (his stats are comparable to the Jade Oni, so one would think his quest experience would be comparable - especially considering you have to trim the other two bosses off in the side dungeons).

I agree you should get the same exp. or some other stat encreased
to balance it out. RavenScar is harder than Dragon Spire and for
Grand Master wizards (wizards level 49 & 50) You can not solo it
and be prepared to die ALOT! as you are going through it.

Survivor
Dec 19, 2008
23
I totally disagree. I thought the world had good exp for people who are done with DS and want sometime off from the hard stuff. For me it was that way. I recently became a grandmaster fire wizard and it has perfect exp. You just have to live with what you have!



Mindy Rainbowpants Grandmaster Fire Wizard

Squire
Jul 08, 2009
592
emleatherman wrote:
I totally disagree. I thought the world had good exp for people who are done with DS and want sometime off from the hard stuff. For me it was that way. I recently became a grandmaster fire wizard and it has perfect exp. You just have to live with what you have!



Mindy Rainbowpants Grandmaster Fire Wizard
Thats what i was kinda trying to say about the whole Dragonspyre break thing

(i usally am a busy person so i focased more on the storyline rather than grizzleheim. in fact i started grizzleheim at lvl 50 so i could have cared less about exp. during the time.)

Survivor
Dec 19, 2008
23
FlipFredFredBurger wrote:
emleatherman wrote:
I totally disagree. I thought the world had good exp for people who are done with DS and want sometime off from the hard stuff. For me it was that way. I recently became a grandmaster fire wizard and it has perfect exp. You just have to live with what you have!



Mindy Rainbowpants Grandmaster Fire Wizard
Thats what i was kinda trying to say about the whole Dragonspyre break thing

(i usally am a busy person so i focased more on the storyline rather than grizzleheim. in fact i started grizzleheim at lvl 50 so i could have cared less about exp. during the time.)
yup thats all that matters when ur a grandmaster, FUN!!!!!!!

Explorer
Mar 03, 2009
72
I don't know, the way I see it, it doesn't really matter how much experience you gain from Grizzleheim, or from the other worlds. What matters is that there are more experience points available in the entire game than what you can actually receive. In fact, there are more experience points available than what you can earn even without Grizzleheim. Once you reach level 50, you can no longer earn points. Even if they gave out more points for GH quests, you would still not be able to earn ALL the points available in the game. For me, I would rather still be earning points in Dragonspyre so that I could feel like I was still accomplishing something. I'm kind of glad GH experience is rather low.

My guess is they will continue with this when the new world comes out. I expect there will always be more points in the game than what you can earn before reaching the max level. Maybe GH experience was set low on purpose, to give the grandmasters something new to play without feeling like they were missing out on huge experience points.

Even with low experience gains, GH still does give us something new to do.

Cat


Survivor
Dec 17, 2008
6
right there with you. i'm lvl 49, only 5,000 exp away from my second grand master character, and all the missions left to do are in GH! I just had to fight 2 big bosses, with 4,000 health each, one after the other and you know how much exp i got? 90!!! thats it! and like 10 gold! no items with it.

Delver
Feb 23, 2009
233
I love Grizzleheim, there's so much to explore though. But the experience is extremely low, I'm pretty mad about it.