Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Frostbranch is too hard

AuthorMessage
Defender
Feb 27, 2009
I'm Storm, so my health and accuracy is low, and when he just wallops me with smoke screen and efreeti every lateral two turns in loose within five turns, it's over. My friends abandon me after they tried, even a Fire Archmage (86) said: "it's just too hard." I got this quest at level 51 and here I am and 64 without a change in struggling to defeat.

It's getting old for me, who's finished Wintertusk to see a side quest in Austrilund. It's my ONLY one left in the Grizzleheim/Wintertusk area. I really just want it to be a bit easier so i can be done with it.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
wanted468 on Feb 7, 2014 wrote:
I'm Storm, so my health and accuracy is low, and when he just wallops me with smoke screen and efreeti every lateral two turns in loose within five turns, it's over. My friends abandon me after they tried, even a Fire Archmage (86) said: "it's just too hard." I got this quest at level 51 and here I am and 64 without a change in struggling to defeat.

It's getting old for me, who's finished Wintertusk to see a side quest in Austrilund. It's my ONLY one left in the Grizzleheim/Wintertusk area. I really just want it to be a bit easier so i can be done with it.
This link to one of the fansites shows some replies with tips that might help you:

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?349402-Frostbranch

And also on that fansite, you could post to ask for help too. Here is another link in case you are interested:

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?8-In-Game-Quest-Help-and-Meet-Ups

Explorer
Jan 27, 2011
wanted468 on Feb 7, 2014 wrote:

Hmm, I would suggest you wand him first so he doesn't Efreet you, then build up for a maxed out Triton. The Efreet (which is his heaviest hit i think) only comes out if you don't at least wand him once. So actually a maxed out Tempest or a maxed out Triton could work. (I would kill the minino first though, one less incoming attack to worry about) Also, I would pack a lot of TC heals like Dryad and Satyr or Regenerate if I were you.

R.I.P.
Morgrim, Lvl. 82

Defender
Feb 27, 2009
I got a group a few days ago and we went after him, we did it, but was barely to keep each other alive. Thanks for the help guys!

Mastermind
Jan 05, 2014
Frostbranch is indeed very hard, about as difficult as the final Wintertusk encounter fighting the four giants in Nastrond. The key is to be prepared to work around his cheats. See the wiki for details. Hit him every cheat round with something, a wand blast will do, to get "mark of courage" so he doesn't efreet you. And have plenty of redundant 0 pip spells in your deck to throw when he smokescreens you. In between all the cheat management build bigger spells to wear his health down or take out his minions. A few shields can be helpful, but remember any shields you have up when earthquake hits will go away, which tends to make myth shields one of the most helpful (myth shield will reduce earthquake damage before the earthquake shield destruction occurs). View healing with suspicion. It is very difficult to keep up with Frostbranch's damage via healing, especially if his minions have not been defeated. It is usually more effective to concentrate on damage dealing; when you run out of health, flee, potion, and port back to a friend still in the battle. And oh, that brings up the most important part: BRING FRIENDS.

I have fought Frostbranch so many times helping friends out I have a special deck set up just for him.