Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Experience VS bosses and quests in GH

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 29, 2009
I personally do not think the experience gained from the quests we do and bosses we have to fight are gaged right! We have to fight way higher bosses for little exp., I feel cheated for the level of bosses we fight, should match the experience we earn from fighting such big bosses. I mean if we have to fight our way to three rank 8 bosses with 8000 hp each and then we only get less than 500 xp is not even close to being right, Jotun and his two brothers are really hard thats more hp than Malistare and 3 of his minions put together! Not to mention the four bosses at the end of Ravenscar at 4000 hp each and a return xp of about 500 xp or less does not seem right or fair in my opinion and I have asked several other players if this seems right and they all agree with me, it does not. I think something need to be done about this! If anyone agrees with me please post. thank you

Hero
May 19, 2009
no all of the XP is set right. considering that even once you reach level 50, there will still be about 20+ quests you will still have. there was no need to give large amounts of XP in grizzlehiem because there was never a level cap increase. if you want more XP just go do the dozens of side quests you skipped.

Survivor
Jul 24, 2009
spanky26677 wrote:
I personally do not think the experience gained from the quests we do and bosses we have to fight are gaged right! We have to fight way higher bosses for little exp., I feel cheated for the level of bosses we fight, should match the experience we earn from fighting such big bosses. I mean if we have to fight our way to three rank 8 bosses with 8000 hp each and then we only get less than 500 xp is not even close to being right, Jotun and his two brothers are really hard thats more hp than Malistare and 3 of his minions put together! Not to mention the four bosses at the end of Ravenscar at 4000 hp each and a return xp of about 500 xp or less does not seem right or fair in my opinion and I have asked several other players if this seems right and they all agree with me, it does not. I think something need to be done about this! If anyone agrees with me please post. thank you
i agree 8)

Explorer
Jan 18, 2009
Firstly, Grizzleheim is meant to be complementary xp to the quests one already does in the five other worlds, and it's not meant to be a complete substitute, or a very major source of xp, because that would unbalance the existence of the other 5 worlds and how they're already balanced.

Second of all, if you defeat Jotun's two brothers in Helgrind Warren and Winterdeep Warren (which are just one-boss-and-minion battles), you won't have to fight them together with Jotun.

Defender
Dec 14, 2008
spanky26677 wrote:

I disagree grizzleheim was meant to be the release of level 60's THEN we would get a lot of xp butas you can see the level cap is all but level 50 still and if they made these quests worth a lot of xp then level 50s would start quitting and dont forgot grizzleheim is a bit rushed because everyone was wanting an update so badly.... and by the way check how much gold you are getting lol grizzleheim is meant to give a lot of gold :-)

Defender
May 29, 2009

yes, fighting Jotun and his two brothers at the same time is ridiculously hard (especially when I fought him, they were able to interrupt, aghhh).

But there is a strategy to this that makes the 500xp make sense. See the post from "uune".

spanky26677 wrote: