Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

confusion about the new spells

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 14, 2010
ok so im a level 60 storm wizard and im trying to get the quests to get the new spells, but whenever i try to talk to any of the baldur goldpays, they never have a quest for me.
if you could plz help me with this problem, i would greatly appreciate it

sincerely
Seth Shadowthorn
legendary storm wizard

Survivor
Mar 30, 2011
i am a level 46 Fire wizard and I am having same issue with aquiring my new spell as well... please advise

Administrator
Spell Quests Every class has to complete the same spell quests to get their new spells at levels 35 and 55. Some of the new spell are upgraded spells, but don’t worry, you still get to keep your original spell! However, there are some requirements to obtain the spell quests.

Level 35 Spell Quests Requirements and Info
There are 2 requirements to meet to be able to accept the starting spell quest from Baldur Goldpaws in Olde Town, “I Know a Guy…”.
1. Being level 35
2. Having completed the quest “One in the Snout” in Mirkholm Keep

If you meet these requirements, then you can go to Baldur Goldpaws in Olde Town to get the quest “I Know a Guy…”, and then you will talk to Erik Wyrdrune in Northguard to get the quest “Thief of Spells.”

Level 55 Spell Quests Requirements and Info
There are 3 requirements to meet to be able to accept the starting spell quest from Baldur Goldpaws in Olde Town, “The Spell Trade.”
1. Being level 55
2. Having completed the quest “Su Su Sudrilund” in Sudrilund in Wintertusk, which is given by Grandmother Raven in Hrundle Fjord.
3. Having completed the quest “Thief of Spells” from Erik Wyrdrune in Northguard.

If you meet these requirements, then you can go to Baldur Goldpaws in Olde Town to get the quest “The Spell Trade”, and then you will talk to Erik Wyrdrune once again in Northguard to get the quest “The Runedown.”

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Dec 06, 2009
Professer Greyrose? i was wondering when it will change to mirkholm keep? i can't seem to unlock ravenscar at all or has it changed already?

Oran
Magus Theurgist

Survivor
Dec 19, 2010
Hello -
I am level 35, and received the message while in Marleybone to come learn a new spell outside of my school. I have completed the one in the snout quest, but Baldar Goldpaws has nothing to say to me.