Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

wintertusk was a waste of my time and money

2
AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 29, 2011
20
There isnt much purpose. Not to mention you have to get through grizzelheim which is just a bunch of sensless no xp giving missions that irritate me to no end.

The game is good, i enjoy dragonspyre and krokotopia the most. Too bad there isnt a overwhelming reason for me to want to do wintertusk. i would enjoy it too.

Mastermind
Feb 25, 2010
300
I don't know about other players, but when I play a game, I like a challenge. Granted, sometimes I fail the challenge, but it only serves to make me more determined to win. I don't feel that KI needs to ease off the challenge, because then there's no point in playing. I haven't gotten my Legendary Balance student all the way through WT. I haven't even gotten her through Austrilund yet, so no pet yet. But I'm having a fine time doing it.
Let me ask you this. If the game were that easy, would you still be playing it?

Survivor
Feb 05, 2009
42

I disagree. When you enter Ravenscar you are level 40, when you leave you are 45-50 so, Wintertusk levels you up a bunch on times and the gold is great to buy good PvP/Showing off gear. 8) So when you leave Wintertusk your somewhere from 50-54 so Wintertusk helps a lot!

On the other hand level 60s get something to do, and it's fun! It has challanging mixed with a little easy on the side. I may not quest there yet but I did on test realm so I know what you feel i did at first until I fought the first boss I was so happy! :D

~~ Sarah Moonglade level 58 Storm ~~

Delver
Aug 01, 2009
251
If I had a game and you said these things to me- I would tell you that I AM happy you are not going to continue your subscription. Some customers you are just better off without- Farewell.

Delver
Feb 15, 2009
280
I disagree. I been waiting months since Janurary 2011 to find something new. Thanks to Kingsisle, Legendaries can at least venture cross and explore the landscape plus the world of Wintertusk is meant for Level 50+. you know. Plus they did a good job and hard work for this and you taunt their work. No kudos to you.

Explorer
Jan 07, 2010
89
kaylona wrote:
this area is a waste of time and money for anyone who is already level 60 you have to struggle through it and the reward is so not worth it i feel cheated KI should have did a better job of telling people if they were level 60 already they would get nothing but a pet and a spell and would have to complete the whole area to get that so you fight just as had and get nothing near what lower level players get this is real unfair to the players who max already and I will not be renewing my sub as I feel so cheated I am so disappointed in KI for not even thinking about the higher level players and just taking our money and not even giving us our moneys worth. this is my opinion and how I feel there is no need to tell about how they worked hard on this area because I am not saying they didn't I am saying they didn't give much thought to the higher level players as they did the lower levels .


Sorry but I disagree with you. I have many legendary's and I love wintertusk? It is a fun area to battle in; has many challenges for experienced players; has good drops for gold; and is a visually beautiful place and I love the music. Sorry you feel cheated, but I dont see how KI can keep expandeing the Level caps everytime they put out a new world, I mean do we really want wizards around who have a unlimited level cap? Eventually if they just keep raising the cap then long term players would be so high that they would most likely have a small group of similar players, but again idk for sure how that would be. Dont know if I would want to be a level 200 wizard in PVP, who would you fight against? lol
KI will probalby keep adding worlds and levels to keep existing players happy, after all wt is a side world so who knows what is coming in the future.

Survivor
Apr 19, 2010
1
Hi my wizard on level 60 I am from school of storm but the waterworks is hard but something has to be hard in life.

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2010
345
This is the second time I have hit the level cap on my Life. I decided this time to go ahead and do Wintertusk. Boy, am I glad I did! I LOVED it! It was fun and challenging. It moved along at a nice pace and I never got stuck in place for hours upon hours trying to collect something.

The drops alone made it worth it. I got the coolest Amulets. I passed a ring or athame on to Death and banked other things for various wizards. I made tons of gold. I also crafted the, hat, robe, boots and a cool wand for my Life from Wintertusk.

I have decided all my Wizards will be leveled in Wintertusk rather than Celestia. It brought back the fun and excitement of my first run through the Spiral on my Life. Celestia on the other hand stresses me out.

I really hope KI makes another world like Wintertusk. It is perfect IMO and continues the storyline and style of play that got me hooked on the game.

Megan

Delver
Apr 10, 2010
291
I enjoyed GH a lot. So WT is great in my opinion! Sure, I played my legendary myth and death wizards through WT and got some great gear, plus their new pets and spells.
My life and fire wizards became legendary in WT. My balance wizard became a legendary without really having to do anything in CL. So, now, my "baby" storm grandmaster is working her way through DS and WT.
I also found that WT is a great place to find just about all the reagents the other worlds provide; except cattails. That I certainly don't mind. 8)
For those of you (and it does seem only a very few) who didn't seem to care for WT, don't do it! Plain and simple!

Personally, I loved GH and WT was a wonderful addition by KI!

Cassandra Lionhunter myth lvl 60
Iridian Shade death lvl 60
Rowan Summerblossom life lvl 60
Scarlet Flame fire lvl 60
Tatiana balance lvl 60
Fiona storm lvl 52

Defender
Jul 08, 2009
178
oh, don't be such a wuss! :-) after all, what beautiful graphics, music, plotlines and oh-and the rewards! the equipment makes me wonder how you can even say that... and when all's said and done it's not like you HAD to do it. but you finished it, so you were drawn, right? The purpose of that place is to let you know what happened after the coven ravens inched out of their hidey-holes and regrouped, getting a head start on their scheme. What's not to like? It finishes an amazing cliffhanger. Just be grateful, okay? they gave you something to distract you again and you got it.

Defender
Jul 08, 2009
178
think of it like a basketball court...

You can go and get a ball and start playing. even if there's no one else on the court to play a game with, at least you can shoot some hoops or practice until someone else arrives. Or, you can leave the court and go somewhere else. Plain and simple. No reason to tell everyone who prefers the court how much you hate it.

Oh, and have to noticed that more people appreciate it than not? That's because the truth is there, plain and simple. Either you can play on the court or not. I prefer to shoot some hoops with my buds, maybe play a game or two. And when you score a three-pointer or half court with your eyes closed, imagine how rewarding that is!

If you play on the court, you play WT despite its limits. If you don't, you don't. that simple. If you score something big, you get a good reward. Or if you'll just base on how often you make the shot (first time-always) well, you're focusing on the experience. So go focus on something else, like layups and findind equipment.

and threatening to relieve yourself of your subscription won't change a thing. do want KI to take wintertusk away from US so you'll be happy or something? It's only your loss, because there is plent more to do with a sub. Pet derby racing, high gold advantages, and better items to buy are examples of the pack. So you're just gonna let one side world, one basketball court, that you don't even have to visit take that awaqy from you? Who would've thought... :| :?

Defender
Jun 21, 2009
146
kaylona wrote:
this area is a waste of time and money for anyone who is already level 60 you have to struggle through it and the reward is so not worth it i feel cheated KI should have did a better job of telling people if they were level 60 already they would get nothing but a pet and a spell and would have to complete the whole area to get that so you fight just as had and get nothing near what lower level players get this is real unfair to the players who max already and I will not be renewing my sub as I feel so cheated I am so disappointed in KI for not even thinking about the higher level players and just taking our money and not even giving us our moneys worth. this is my opinion and how I feel there is no need to tell about how they worked hard on this area because I am not saying they didn't I am saying they didn't give much thought to the higher level players as they did the lower levels .


O My gosh kaylona. This sounds like the ravings of somebody who's stuck on a quest in Wintertusk. And keep in mind, right now, that nobody's making you do it.

Defender
Nov 11, 2008
108
Kingsisle did a perfectly good job on Wintertusk. It gives you something to do. It also gives great items to sell for gold, not to mention the new pets and spells! Kingsisle didn't force you to play it, so stop complaining.

Survivor
Jun 18, 2009
15
Wintertusk gives very valuable items as drops, but no help to Legendaries in the experience area... The experience part is for lower leveled players I guess.

Survivor
Sep 02, 2009
1
I also renewed my subscription because of the talk of a new section, and I was very excited about it wondering what the new level would be and what we'd be call like Legenadry to Epic Master :=P lol and after a few quests in wintertusk I realized my level bar was still missing, checked character stats and realized I was maxed. What a big disappointment that was. :=(. It is a cool new place to play and I love new quests but it's not as much fun when you no longer guage how youre doing with a level bar. It gave you something to strive for and a great sense of accomplishment with each level you got. I still love this game and I play LOTS of games, but all the hype about this was a bit of a tease for us Legendary thinking what new levels we'd be able to make when it finally opened. Thank you for the add-ons though but I see both sides here and agree with both.

Survivor
Apr 25, 2010
7
Me? I'm just about to hit Lv30 actually. Wintertusk? I'd love to see this land one day; experience or not. But at this point, I'm afraid I may never get the chance to. I've finally run into a stump. One that's so infamous to the point it's not even funny. And that would be the Frostholm dungeon in Grizzleheim. Where you deal with one of the bears named Ulric; helping him sabotage the Red Claw's plans.

I've tried running this dungeon three times. And each time I have come to the sad conclusion that at being Lv29, and with no further places to go... Well... I'm stuck, really. At least you can explore new worlds. It's just another example of how much Higher-ups like you have benefited from a new land.

Another sad fact that I've come to realize is that practically everyone will ignore you upon asking for assistance; or what I like better, to help one another out stuck on the same thing. The request is always met with dead silence, however. XD Boy... Now I'm just plain getting off topic. My point is, enjoy what new experiences you've been given.

Mastermind
Mar 28, 2009
328
Try buying the areas with crowns? I am out of crowns but now i have all areas and ill buy more when another world comes. 8)

Survivor
May 10, 2010
27
kaylona wrote:
this area is a waste of time and money for anyone who is already level 60 you have to struggle through it and the reward is so not worth it i feel cheated KI should have did a better job of telling people if they were level 60 already they would get nothing but a pet and a spell and would have to complete the whole area to get that so you fight just as had and get nothing near what lower level players get this is real unfair to the players who max already and I will not be renewing my sub as I feel so cheated I am so disappointed in KI for not even thinking about the higher level players and just taking our money and not even giving us our moneys worth. this is my opinion and how I feel there is no need to tell about how they worked hard on this area because I am not saying they didn't I am saying they didn't give much thought to the higher level players as they did the lower levels .


Hey listen up, lvl 58 and higher ( which is considered legendary ) are the only ones allowed to get the pets. the new spell is also for the higher branch. stop complaining. the lower levels dont even get the best benefits.

Survivor
Apr 17, 2010
16
kaylona wrote:
this area is a waste of time and money for anyone who is already level 60 you have to struggle through it and the reward is so not worth it i feel cheated KI should have did a better job of telling people if they were level 60 already they would get nothing but a pet and a spell and would have to complete the whole area to get that so you fight just as had and get nothing near what lower level players get this is real unfair to the players who max already and I will not be renewing my sub as I feel so cheated I am so disappointed in KI for not even thinking about the higher level players and just taking our money and not even giving us our moneys worth. this is my opinion and how I feel there is no need to tell about how they worked hard on this area because I am not saying they didn't I am saying they didn't give much thought to the higher level players as they did the lower levels .
Kaylona wizard101 works very hard to let us have a good time and it is not easy to create such graphics you should be grateful that wizard101 is even is real. If you knew how much work was put into creating all the worlds and establishing such a complicated game to keep us entertained I think that you should change your attitude about how they try to make us happy by making this game fun. In my opinion wintertusk is fun and gives a reasonable amount of xp.

Explorer
May 11, 2010
61
tEKNIq1979 wrote:
I also agree it was a waste.

I am a level 60 balance and have all crafted clothe from CL, and didn't like any of the new drops in wintertusk. I ran through this place in two days with very very very little help, I did it all alone until the last dungeon, and like stated above, I got nothing for it, but my new pet.

I would like to be grandfathered into level 70 for my troubles.

It sounds like the only reason you play Wizard101 is for the rewards. You act like you expect to be rewarded just for showing up. If you don't like Wizard101 then just go away and quit inflicting your misery upon others!

2