Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

White Tiger Lily Seeds?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jan 27, 2011
I was thinking, since I love White Tiger Lilies and hate the grind of waiting for them to pop up in the Bazaar I was wondering why they don't drop a seed? Or a possible seed drop at least. I understand they have a possibility at Amber at Elder (and that they have the highest drop rate) and I understand they drop Fancy Pudding for every Lily at Elder as a guarantee, but I was wondering if anyone else thinks they should drop a seed?

I'm thinking of making the Fancy Pudding a possible drop and adding in a seed as a possible or guaranteed drop. Evil Magma Peas and Couch Potatoes have the possiblility of dropping Fancy Pudding and they always give a seed per plant so I don't see why the White Tiger Lilies shouldn't. The only other reason they don't would have to be because of the Amber possibility, however with Myrtle out now that drops only Amber I feel White Tiger Lilies should at least have a possible seed drop.

Anyone else with me on this?

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
No. You already stated what makes them different from Couch Potatoes and Evil Magma Peas. You can buy them in the Bazaar. They aren't a Crowns Only No Auction item like the other two. It also has the highest rate of Amber, guaranteed seeds would make Amber completely NOT rare.

Explorer
Jan 27, 2011
seethe42 on Feb 21, 2014 wrote:
No. You already stated what makes them different from Couch Potatoes and Evil Magma Peas. You can buy them in the Bazaar. They aren't a Crowns Only No Auction item like the other two. It also has the highest rate of Amber, guaranteed seeds would make Amber completely NOT rare.
Queen Crape Myrtle gives Amber as well as more mega snacks than WTL, it's a Rank 15 plant in Khrysalis (technically you can plant it at Rank 7 but the pest spells needed for it are Rank 15) so I believe there's no point in getting White Tiger Lilies just for Amber anymore. Since the QCM are still being tested for their drop rates I can't say what they give at Mature or Elder.

Granted the QCM can't be auctioned like the WTL, however both QCM and WTL can be farmed as drops just like EMP and CP. With QCM out now Amber actually isn't becoming as rare as it once was. Also, the Gladiator in Mount Olympus is a better shot at getting Amber in my opinion and he drops it fairly often. (After one night of farming I already have half the Amber I need to craft Deer Knight). I mainly garden WTL for the Fancy Yogurts it's guaranteed to drop, however the constant farming for gold and waiting to snag them in the Bazaar is tedious and a little annoying since they costs nearly 7k gold per seed (I have 20 right now so that's enough to buy a new gardening spell).

I see your points though. Since the Taters and Peas are Crowns Only items it makes sense for them to always give a seed. I can't say if I know QCM gives a seed since it's still being tested, but I would like to at least have a chance at getting a WTL seed at Elder like the Dead Beets. I don't want a seed all the time, just a few here or there would be nice. I'm willing to have the Fancy Yogurt drop turn into a possibility instead of a guarantee for a chance at a seed, and now that QCM is out WTL isn't the only plant with a decent chance at Amber.

R.I.P.
Morgrim, Lvl. 88